Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Rangers go up 2-0 on Rays

he does seem like a pretty good guy. I havent been this excited in a long time. Best part about the rangers is they are still young and dont realy have many free agents for the next two seasons. Unless of cours you count lee who is the biggest reason we won the series. He's gonna get paid.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Lee will get paid, but by who? Texas does stand a legit chance to maintain him, but boy the Phillies this year could of had him and Halladay. For the Rays, I think this was their chance and blew it and the upcoming years they may not be as fortunate, especially if they lose Crawford via free agency.

milledge you dont know what your talking about by saying the rangers dont have a chance. Care to tell us why? The rangers just signed a big tv deal and there are backers behind nolan and greenberg that have billions of dollars. Im not worried about the rangers resigning lee.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Fnazxc0114 I have to agree with Milledge on the part Texas getting him. Texas doesn't stand a chance keeping him. There is a little old team i the North East that in the off season is going out huntin fo wabbits lol Called the Yankees.

You better believe Yankees are going after him and will get him.

Reminds me of a story from long ago of a Gentleman by the name of Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez and how his bat was mighty and the Yankees couldn't afford to not grab him.

Same is gonna happen this year

By the way it was reported that they celebrated with Soda for Hamiltion to be able to join in on the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    milledge you dont know what your talking about by saying the rangers dont have a chance. Care to tell us why? The rangers just signed a big tv deal and there are backers behind nolan and greenberg that have billions of dollars. Im not worried about the rangers resigning lee.
    Fnazxc0114, Please READ what I said again and CAREFULLY this time.

Banned

Smile Re: Rangers go up 2-0 on Rays

A couple of notes about last night's Rangers victory (Go, Texas!):

**This was the first time ever in a DS, CS, or WS that no wins were registered by home teams.

**There have been 7 occasions in postseason history where a pitcher has left or completed the game with 10 or more K's and no walks. Counting last night, Cliff Lee owns 4 of the 7.

Dave Miedema

Suave i guess i heard a diff't story than you did. Dit the yankees sign aroids in free agency or did they get him via trade? For some reason i dont seem to recall which it was. The rangers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, with a lot of money to spare. Odds are he goes to the yankees but i wouldnt hold my breath on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Fnazxc0114 I have to agree with Milledge on the part Texas getting him. Texas doesn't stand a chance keeping him. There is a little old team i the North East that in the off season is going out huntin fo wabbits lol Called the Yankees.

You better believe Yankees are going after him and will get him.

Reminds me of a story from long ago of a Gentleman by the name of Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez and how his bat was mighty and the Yankees couldn't afford to not grab him.

Same is gonna happen this year

By the way it was reported that they celebrated with Soda for Hamiltion to be able to join in on the fun.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Suave i guess i heard a diff't story than you did. Dit the yankees sign aroids in free agency or did they get him via trade? For some reason i dont seem to recall which it was. The rangers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, with a lot of money to spare. Odds are he goes to the yankees but i wouldnt hold my breath on that one.
    Fnazxc -

A$$Rod (the juicer/cheater/ add your adjective here) bolted from Texas while still under contract with the team.

When it was 1st announced that the Rangers were considering trading him to the Red Sox, A-Rod 'swore' he wanted to honor his contract and finish the deal here in Texas and he didn't want to go to Bean Town because (his words) 'he didn't want to change positions' (i.e. go to 3rd) since they had their own slick fielding Short Stop named Nomar Garciaparra at the time. Then 'uncle Bud' came in and because of the $$$ amount negated any discussions saying that MLB would not allow a trade/$$$ of that magnitude to take place.

Funny how not a week later 'Boss George' came knocking - same $$$ considerations - and 'Uncle Bud' had NO issue with a deal to make NYY stronger... and all of a sudden A-Rod was anxious to change positions for his 'buddy' Derek Jeter.

The real 'let's rub salt in the wound' to both the Rangers and their fans? After A$$Rod had sworn his loyalty to the Rangers, they named him the Captain of the Rangers - the FIRST and ONLY time the Rangers had EVER bestowed that honor on any player. Didn't matter to A$$Rod once the Yanks came knocking and flashing their cash - even though his contract didn't change - they wooed him with all of the EXTRA $$$ he could make on endorsements contracts while playing in the biggest market. At that point , he couldn't wait to break his contract and bolt.

That was the 1st time I really saw him show his true colors - its all about him, not any team - including the Yankees - and I've disliked him ever since.

I guarantee you, he wanted to win a WS - not for the Yankees organization, but for his own selfish reasons so the fans would get off of his back and he can ask for even more money on his next contract.

Look at the things he has done since going to NY - ruined his marriage sleeping around, busted on the Juice scandal, alienated his friendship with Jeter... and if that wasn't enough to show how it's all about him, how about him and his jerk (now former) agent BoreA$$ deciding that the Rockies/Boston World Series wasn't important enough or sacred enough of an event that they had to announce his new contract during Game 4 of the 2007 WS.

A$$Rod is exactly that - a greedy jackass who is self involved and I would love nothing more than to see the Rangers exact their revenge on him.

As far as Texieria, I have no ill-will to him - although he was jerk at Spring Training his Rookie Year to the fans - but he didn't give up on the Rangers, they gave up on him.

I would like to think that Cliff Lee is a better person than all the drama I wrote about above, but his friendship with CC could be (as Reggie once said) 'The Straw that Stirs the Drink' and could weigh heavier than any $$$ considerations.

My .02

- Chris

PS -

Also, Cliff Lee is a FREE AGENT and can do whatever he wants. He has no obligation to the Rangers (Contract, Captaincy, etc) unlike A$$Rod who at the time hadn't even finished 1/2 of his 10 year deal.

Im aware lee is a free agent, and im also aware that the new ownership has a lot deaper pockets than Hicks ever did. The rangers will make a good run at lee. As far as tex that was the best trade in the history of the texas rangers. Tex was a leach in the clubhouse and the rest of the team was glad to see him go. YOu dont usually hear a teamate go on public radio after a trade and talk about how they are glad that a player got traded. That tex trade set the course for the rangers team we see today. Even if lee bolts to the yankees id cheer for him when he comes to town next year for what he did for us here in Texass this year. Did the rangers not get any compensation for Aroids? The yankees never signed aroids when he was a free agent unless of course you count when he opted out of his contract. Also getting rid of aroids was another great move in rangers history.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington