Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Rangers go up 2-0 on Rays

i guess you guys forgot about soriano playing for the rangers for a while. Im glad hes gone too. Joaquin Arias was the second part of the trade deal and didnt realy pan out due to a shoulder injury.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Fnazxc -

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Texeiria fan - just saying he didn't try to bolt like A$$Rod.

Yeah, woohoo - we got SOREiano as compensation in the A$$Rod deal... and then he bitched just like A$$Rod about not wanting to change positions and you got to see the true class of Michael Young...

Moved to 2nd for A$$Rod when he came to Texas - moved BACK to SS for SOREiano when he came to Texas - and (after some bitching and moaning) moved to 3rd for Andrus to come up.

How many other players have moved across the Left side of the infield as many times as Young has for the Rangers to accommodate other players - two of which are Prima Donas (the two NOT named Andrus).

And I know the Rangers have deep pockets, and I would root for Lee if he left - just like I still root for Big Puma (Berkman) even though I hate that he's now a Yankee! He's from my birthplace - Waco, TX - and we've had some nice conversations when he's been here in Denver with the Astros.

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    Im aware lee is a free agent, and im also aware that the new ownership has a lot deaper pockets than Hicks ever did. Also getting rid of aroids was another great move in rangers history.
    PS -

I wasn't saying you weren't aware that Lee is a Free Agent - just making the distinction after my diatribe on A$$Rod.

And looking back, I agree getting rid of A$$Rod was a great move - just needed to vent my frustration with what happened at the time and how even MLB gives the Skankees whatever they want.

Either way the rangers are a better team now than they were with tex and aroids. We could have used a first baseman this year but tex wasnt a team player and only cared about himself so he would have been an outcast in the rangers dugout. Id bet money if nobody is on base when tex comes up CJ wilson will plunk him again like he did earlier in the year. Pretty sure he did it twice in the same game.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington