Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Heritage - 1980 Tom Seaver Jersey

Just wanted to get the forums thoughts on a 1980 Seaver jersey currently listed for the next Heritage Auction.
    http://sports.ha.com/common/view_ite...t_Id_No=133005
    My initial thoughts were that the stitch pattern on the Rawlings label appeared different. A start and stop on each side if the label which is inconsistent with other examples I have seen. A closer look at the Rawlings tag and it is a 4 line tag that was not introduced by Rawlings until 1985. Guess I'll stay away from this one.

Re: Heritage - 1980 Tom Seaver Jersey

For what it's worth, their '89 Ripken jersey is no good either.

Banned

I don't know about either item, but I know Chris Ivy's view has always been if his authenticator likes the item, it is good and anyone else who gives an opinion is wrong because he believe like in the coin business, when PCGS (Professional Coin Grading Services) says something is good, no one can dispute it.

As we all know, in the game used jersey business, there are so many variables.

What I found interesting is in the old days they advertised Lou Lampson as giving the letter of authenticity. Do they still use him, because I didn't see his name mentioned, just a LOA from Heritage?

Banned

Just tried to link up to the Seaver listing...it has been withdrawn.

Dave Miedema

Heritage is a company to be trusted. Whether they read this forum or not, they questioned the item and took action.

Is this Seaver jersey the definition of a true forgery? Definite post 1984 Rawlings tags with a 1980 year tag.

I had dropped Heritage a note last evening when I saw the jersey. Got an e-mail from Jonathan Scheier this afternoon that they had pulled the jersey from their auction. Your right; Heritage is one of the best auction companies. Glad to see they did what was right. Mike