Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnazxc0114
    • Aug 2007

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Cliff Lees performance against the yankees
    Salary 112.1 million
    Career Hr Total 1908
    AS Games 35
    Silver Sluggers 23
    MVP awards 3
    Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
      Salary 112.1 million
      Career Hr Total 1908
      AS Games 35
      Silver Sluggers 23
      MVP awards 3
      Id say he overpowered one of the most potent offenses in the AL. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis did the same. It pretty cool to see a team whos known in the past as being just hr hitters to being one of the most dominate pitching staffs in the AL
      Those Totals are just LAST NIGHTS Starting Line Up for NYY!!!

Comment

• xpress34
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by camarokids
        Oh BTW, CC got his a$$ $panked in Game 1! Lucky for him & the $pankees, the Rangers bullpen sucked in Game 1.

So I am not sure why everyone thinks he will be some kind of savior???

Remember a few years back when CC was Brewer? CC came back to pitch on short rest in the playoffs and got $panked.
        David -

Thanks for having seen the same game as me... all I heard from my friends was how the Yankees spanked Texas in Game One.

I think if Washington hadn't overmanaged and had allowed CJ a chance to pitch out of it - he gave up a HR and a dbl and was lifted with a 5 run lead - it might have turned out differently. On top of that, he kind of rushed his guys in the Bullpen to get ready and pitch and all and I think that just added to the sucking. Hell, he burned two pitchers that he let throw ONE pitch each??!?!

Anyway, tonight should be interesting to see what Hunter brings to his 1st start in Yankee stadium and which AJ shows up for the Yankees.

- Chris

Comment

• gorilla777
          • Aug 2009

If Texas should actually the WS, I foresee things getting really obnoxious

Thank goodness the Cowboys blow....

Comment

• legaleagle92481
            Banned
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
            Salary 112.1 million
            Career Hr Total 1908
            AS Games 35
            Silver Sluggers 23
            MVP awards 3
            Thats slanted because the MVP awards all belong to Arod as do 600 plus of the homers and 10 of the silver sluggers. Also 24 of the all star games belong to Jeter and Arod. Most of their guys are 30 plus so you would expect their career stat totals to be high because they have played awhile to accumulate them. What is unsaid is Lee and Petite were even last night except for Hamilton's half swing home run which SI quoted Josh as saying he was fooled by the pitch and surprised it ended up being a homer.

Comment

• ferro39
              • Sep 2008

those lots and lack of traffic lights coming out of them make for an abortion.

even the subways get jammed up after a game. during the summer, it's almost unbearable to be crammed down there with hundreds, if not thousands, of people

Comment

• camarokids
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ferro39
                those lots and lack of traffic lights coming out of them make for an abortion.

even the subways get jammed up after a game. during the summer, it's almost unbearable to be crammed down there with hundreds, if not thousands, of people
                maybe all the $pankee fans should just stay home then???
                Thank you,
                David

This is my email address here!
                dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• ferro39
                  • Sep 2008

such is life when you play in an actual city and not the sticks, i guess

Comment

• camarokids
                    • Jun 2006

I was only kidding.

I think it happens all across the country. No matter the team, if the home team is losing, fans leave early....
                    Thank you,
                    David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                      • Aug 2007

typical response id expect from a yankee fan. Just because you live in the big city doesnt mean you have any class. Id rather live in the sticks in a big house as opposed to living in an apartment on a busy street.

Baseball do what it do
                      -Ron Washington

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                        • Aug 2007

Favorite part of tonights game was listening to how much trouble the rangers were going to be in because rivera was slotted to pitch the 8th and 9th. I guess the tbs dbags didnt see the rangers beat big mo in back to back games in sept. Legal as far as petite throwing a good game last night he did, but if he were still a big game pitcher he would not of given up that homerun. He got beaten by the better pitcher last night. Either way theres still a lot of baseball to play.
                        Baseball do what it do
                        -Ron Washington

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                          • Aug 2007

as far as the yankees fans exodus it started in the 7th in tonights game.
                          Baseball do what it do
                          -Ron Washington

Comment

• xpress34
                            • Sep 2008

Rangers SPANK the Yankees... AGAIN...

Now the Yankees are actually hoping and praying they get to see Cliff Lee again...

TBS announcers seemed a little more excited fro Rangers plays tonight, but are already expecting that we will see 'classic' CC Sabathia tomorrow...

To bad it's an afternoon game tomorrow... I'll have to DVR it and listen on the radio...

GO RANGERS!!!

Comment

• camarokids
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by xpress34
                              David -

Thanks for having seen the same game as me... all I heard from my friends was how the Yankees spanked Texas in Game One.

I think if Washington hadn't overmanaged and had allowed CJ a chance to pitch out of it - he gave up a HR and a dbl and was lifted with a 5 run lead - it might have turned out differently. On top of that, he kind of rushed his guys in the Bullpen to get ready and pitch and all and I think that just added to the sucking. Hell, he burned two pitchers that he let throw ONE pitch each??!?!

Anyway, tonight should be interesting to see what Hunter brings to his 1st start in Yankee stadium and which AJ shows up for the Yankees.

- Chris
                              Your welcome! Great game tonight! For the Rangers !

Even the talking heads said it tonight, about the Rangers bullpen blowing Game 1.....

So if you take away that lapse from Rangers pen. It would have been a sweep!

Any predictions for CC getting hammered tomorrow? and another early exit for the Yankee faithful????
                              Thank you,
                              David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• xpress34
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by camarokids
                                Your welcome! Great game tonight! For the Rangers !

Even the talking heads said it tonight, about the Rangers bullpen blowing Game 1.....

So if you take away that lapse from Rangers pen. It would have been a sweep!

Any predictions for CC getting hammered tomorrow? and another early exit for the Yankee faithful????
                                I would love to see CJ get redemption (not that he pitched poorly) and be able to get the WIN tomorrow and close this thing out...

AND, the Giants beat the much vaunted Phils again today...

NOW, the TRIVIA question: If the Rangers and Giants face off in the World Series, they already share some MLB history. Do you know what it is?

Comment

Working...