Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Originally posted by xpress34
    Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

Again, my .02 and I stand by it.

- Smitty
    I didn't try to make it sound that way dealing with the ratings. I was just saying i think that the ratings will be bad with those two teams. And we as Yankee fans get treated like sh*t alot more than others. And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). And how are the yankees classless. I'm sorry we dont have ten different uniforms, or flying monkeys or rags you wave around.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
      • Aug 2007

yanks how can you not like the mvp of the 2010 season?
      Baseball do what it do
      -Ron Washington

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
        • Aug 2007

The yankess themselves have lots of class, probably one of the most professional team in baseball, it is their fans who lack class.
        Baseball do what it do
        -Ron Washington

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

[quote=yanks12025;221873 And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). [/quote]

How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• ferro39
            • Sep 2008

a bunch of you can rip on the yanks and their fans, but the minute i make an obvious joke, a bunch of you get defensive. boo hoo.

my point still stands: getting home from the stadium, especially after an ALCS game (never mind @ like midnight on a monday or tuesday night) is a daunting task.

i dont pretend to know how things are in texas, so some of you shouldnt pretend to question the motives behind people who leave an all-but-decided game at close to midnight on a weekday night...especially if it's never taken you 2-3 hours to travel 30 miles home.

Comment

• yanks12025
              • Jan 2006

It's his whole story, he's called a "Hero" yet he was still a drugy. There are tons of people in this world and I know acouple that have battle through drugs and have become great people, yet none of them are called heros. What about the people that battle back from disease's, not a one gets credit because their not a famous person.

Comment

• ferro39
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by camarokids
                How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....

how?

probably one of the same reasons why a lot of people hate yankees fans: because of the copious amounts of crap that their fans have been talking this entire series.

it's not cool when our fans do it and it's not cool when rangers fans do it either. it's basically an ugly cycle, which results in a bunch of people unnecessarily getting their feelings hurt on message boards.

and barring a massive choke job, the rangers deserve to go to the WS. i wish them well (anyone but philly!). outside of basically 1 inning, they have handed us a royal a$$ kicking.

no sh1t talking here

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                  • Aug 2007

Why were the fans roling out last night in the 7th? I have no idea what it is like in the NY and have zero intentions of ever finding out.
                  Baseball do what it do
                  -Ron Washington

Comment

• gorilla777
                    • Aug 2009

Most of those Texas fans just peeled off their Romo jersey to jump on the Ranger bandwagon. And if you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are bad, then Billy Bob Cowboy Fan at least operates in the same neighborhood of boorishness, if not worse. And Billy Bob now has a hand claw Rangers shirt with the tags still hanging off it.
                    I do see that this xpress guy has been carrying the flag for some time and that should be commended.
                    We had few Angels fans (that would admit it) around here until late '02 when they all became "long-time loyal supporters" Such is sports in America, land of front-running.

Comment

• gorilla777
                      • Aug 2009

C'mon David, you're better than that buddy!

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                        • Aug 2007

It has been a good series. Today is the biggest game in rangers history, and i hope it works out good. something to point back at the east coast bias. Last night on mlb tv harold reynolds said he thought the rangers were the hottest team in the playoffs right now. The guy sitting next to him said with a straight face i don think they are hotter or a better team than the phillies. I guess that guy hasnt watched the nlcs.
                        Baseball do what it do
                        -Ron Washington

Comment

• kellsox
                          • Jan 2006

Ummmmm.....have you seen hamilton's tatoos???????? Not much better

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                            • Aug 2007

Regardless of what happens in todays game the highlight of the game happened in the top of the 1st. It was the chant of "yankees suck" in their own ballpark. Got to love those rangers fans.
                            Baseball do what it do
                            -Ron Washington

Comment

• gingi79
                              • Aug 2007

Let's get back on track with the thread here.....

Play by Play announcers and Commentators are suffering from the same vicious and painful disease that the "Blog-osphere" suffers from. Thinking that because they are paid to talk out their behinds, that they should.

Let me break off a piece of truth for you. Failed athletes and ego-driven catchphrase whores have ruined sports on TV. If guys like Vin Scully aren't calling the game, save some sanity, hit mute and do the play by play and commentary yourself. Do it out loud. Ignore the look from your wife, the annoyance from your kids and the cocked head from your dog. Call it honest, "That pitch call sucked more than Paris Hilton at the Emmy's"

"He was out by 2 feet. Get your head out of your behind. If I wanted crap like that, I'd squeeze your head"

"Call the cops on this Ump and report a mugging"

People in sports can't shake the feeling that they know the game and they are so much smarted and understand it much better than we simpleton fans. Joe Morgan suffers from Foot in Mouth Disease. The game passed him by 30 years ago. Great player, condesending prick as a commentator.

But take my advice. Mute the game once and call it. You'll honestly think when you unmute, that some drunk yuppie is doing the same damn thing.
                              Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by kellsox
                                Ummmmm.....have you seen hamilton's tatoos???????? Not much better
                                I certainly don't like the Yankees, but could you imagine if Hamilton played for them and all the "hate" or "dislike" would go with him? It's just because of the Yankees money and past that goes with their current hate. Honestly what has A-Rod done now not to like him, what has Jeter ever done not to like him? Again, I strongly dislike the Yankees and their players, but what really have they done lately? Nothing, they even have been losing and still gaining hate.

Comment

Working...