Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

first interleague game
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    first interleague game
    WINNER!!! And a BONUS... 1st Interleague Pitch in that game was thrown to the Giants by then and now current Texas Ranger - Darren Oliver.

Man, I guess they didn't need to win the WS for the obnoxiousness to start, I stand corrected.

What exactly is obnoxious gorilla?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    What exactly is obnoxious gorilla?
    I guess the fact that we are excited that our Rangers might actually be headed to their 1st WS??? (pretty good odds I would say at this point)

I thought obnoxious was the Spankee fans who always won't to go on and on about how mighty and invincible the Yankees are... and the Red Sox fans became just as obnoxious once they won the 2004 and then the 2007 WS.

But I digress. Gorilla must be Yankee fan who can't stand seeing other fans have moment of happiness.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I guess the fact that we are excited that our Rangers might actually be headed to their 1st WS??? (pretty good odds I would say at this point)

I thought obnoxious was the Spankee fans who always WANT to go on and on about how mighty and invincible the Yankees are... and the Red Sox fans became just as obnoxious once they won the 2004 and then the 2007 WS.

But I digress. Gorilla must be Yankee fan who can't stand seeing other fans have moment of happiness.

- Smitty
    The BOLD part is a TYPO correction... oh for an edit feature!

Ubnoxious to me is not wanting to take my children to a playoff game at home against the yankees for fear ill be sitting next to a fist pumping guido. People who have no respect for others around them is obnoxious. That would include many yankees and red sox fans who come to the games in texas. I dont even go to those games during the regular season. Been to 4 playoff games this year and thats 4 more than ive been to before. Either way im pumped. As far as this series theres still a lot of baseball left to play, and cant wait for the first pitch tomorrow..
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ferro39 View Post
    such is life when you play in an actual city and not the sticks, i guess
    My father and his family were from NYC and New Rochelle and I have plenty of friends from Long Island (Massepequa [sp?], Lindenhurst, etc) so I know what traffic is like there.

I also know not all New Yorkers think NYC is the only 'city' because they've actually been to Dallas and Denver and LA and Chicago and other cities... I'm guessing you haven't considering your reference to playing in the 'sticks'.

But I digress. I started this thread because the coverage on TBS started out like every other National coverage that include the NYY - talking about how big an underdog any team not named the Yankees are.

Now, it is turning into a celebration thread for Rangers fans and apparently that doesn't sit well with fans of the Evil Empire. I'm sorry, but that's just too bad.

I am sorry that Tex got hurt tonight, but I am enjoying watching the Rangers shut down Tex and A$$Rod so far through this series.

GO RANGERS!!!

I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
    Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
    Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.
    WOW! Just like a Yankees fan. So because I'm a Rangers and Rockies fan, I should never want my team to go to the WS because the ratings will be bad?

That's how it comes of Yanks. So why don't we just shut down ALL the Teams that aren't named Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals and Phillies? Or, we'll let everyone else play, but only allow those 6 to play in the WS for RATINGS.

Since you seem to have the same tunnel vision as most of the Sports Coverage in the US (East Coast Bias) you didn't notice how GOOD it was for baseball out West when the Rockies went to the World Series - I already know you'll say RATINGS because of Beantown. I'm talking about NEW fans and more people out here catching baseball fever. When they made the Playoffs again in 2009, and even the run they had this year that didn't end until 6 days before the end of the season, it added fuel to the fire.

I could give a $h*t if Yankees / East Coast Bias 'fans' will watch the WS if it's the Rangers / Giants. I have as much right as any fan to root for my team. I know plenty of people who won't watch if it's Yankees/Phillies because they are BORED of the same thing every year - and that includes me.

NEW blood in the WS is GOOD for Baseball - Ratings might suffer, but those markets and teams ADD new fans which means more ticket sales, more merchandise, etc and that's really good for ALL of Baseball.

And to say we're giving a BAD look for Rangers fans because we're beating the REIGNING WS CHAMPIONS (and beating is a kind way to put it - we're not 'getting by' in these games) - maybe I should remind you of some of your own posts (i.e Pot calling the Kettle black):

Hope Mauer is happy with the money because he's never going to win a ring.
    In reference to his signing with the Twins. I guess the Yankees can't have everything they want.

Yankees will be fine and before you know it they will be in first place. Tampa Bay can't stay perfect forever. Tampa didn't make the playoffs last year and that was with the same team also.
    In reference to Nick Johnson (YOUR THREAD) not deserving work.

The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays.
    In reference to MLB Playoff Predictions.

Those sound just like every other thing I hear from Yankees fans I know - we're unbeatable and we'll talk crap about any player that we pursue who doesn't sign with us. No other team is at our level. Guess what Jonathan Pappelbon is your kinda guy. When the Sox were going to face the Rockies in 2007 WS, his comment was , 'They're not even in our league.' Yes they won the series, but this was before Game One and the Rox had Spanked them in Interleague play already that year.

So because we're happy about our team - and even if it is the only time they've been here - we're just supposed to cowtow to Yankees and not say anything? Because if it was the other way around (and your earlier comments bear it out) you and the other Yankees fans would be bashing the Rangers way worse than anything Fnazxc0114 and I have said. We'd have to hear the whole 'storied' franchise, 27 WS, etc all over again - it's like a broken record man like you guys don't think anyone else knows what the numbers are.

Here's a question for you... see what kind of real BASEBALL or even YANKEE fan you are:

NO Yankees has ever made the 3,000 hit club (Jeter will be 1st without a doubt), BUT one MEMBER of the 3,000 hit club DID don Yankees pinstripes and play for them? Who was it and when?

Finally - and not trying to be mean, just honest here - I think this post says it all:

19 years old (almost 20), been collecting for 5/6 years.
    In reference to a POLL POST asking age and how long you've collected.

I'm coming up on 47 and I've followed the Rangers since their inception in 1972 (I grew up in Dallas) and since moving to Denver in 1991 I adopted the Rockies when they started in 1993. So I have an AL Team and an NL team that I have followed since the beginning.

I have 38 years of waiting for the Rangers to get to this point (TWICE as long as you've been alive) compared to your maybe 15 years of REALLY being a Yankee fan (guessing you were really aware of them around age 4 or 5) so excuse me if I'm a little too overbearing for your tastes. Now you Yankee and Red Sox fans know what it's like for everyone else ALL the time.

If you can't take it, then don't keep dishing it out when you're on top. As they say, what goes around, comes around.

I'll take your WS call with a grain of salt. You were wrong about the Rays winning the AL east and so far (not to jinx my boys) it looks like you're wrong about the Rangers winning the ALCS.

IF you want to talk $h*t, then you better grow up and learn how to take it as well.

I hope there's no hard feelings, but hey you opened the door - I just walked through and said my piece.

All the best -

Smitty