Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

I'm a Yankees fan living in NJ. The Rangers fans have every reason to be happy, except for one inning, they are kicking the Yankees a$!*. The Rangers are making the Yankees look silly.....and old. That being said, the Yankees are still good enough to force a game 7, I just don't see them beating Lee the way they are playing.

Would really like to see the Yankees get there again, but a Rangers Giants series would be interesting. It would be nice to see "new" teams playing, it would be good for baseball. I would watch a little bit.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.
    Spoken like a true East Coast Yankee!.......that is brutal.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
    Just think of how bad the ratings will be for baseball if it's the Rangers and Giants in the world series, talk about bad for baseball.
    I agree on the ratings. It will be like Phils-Rays another series noone watches. You gotta think MLB is hoping that Yanks and Phils come back. On days Lee and the Freak don't pitch except for Hamilton there are not many players who will get the casual fan to watch the games. Keep in mind also that games 3 and 4 are on Halloween weekend when alot of people are already doing other things.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I agree on the ratings. It will be like Phils-Rays another series noone watches. You gotta think MLB is hoping that Yanks and Phils come back. On days Lee and the Freak don't pitch except for Hamilton there are not many players who will get the casual fan to watch the games. Keep in mind also that games 3 and 4 are on Halloween weekend when alot of people are already doing other things.
    Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

Again, my .02 and I stand by it.

- Smitty

How are we giving rangers fans a bad look? Theres a reason i dont take my kids to games when the yankees are in town. They do have a bad look(the fist pumping guido look), but it is their overall lack of class that drives me crazy.
    I don't think im the only one here, but Fnazxc0114 and xpress34(your not a rangers fan, are you), but you guys are starting to give ranger fans a bad look. You guys think for once because your team will win that your top sh*t. If/once you beat the yankees in this series, you wont win the WS.

P.S
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

Again, my .02 and I stand by it.

- Smitty
    I didn't try to make it sound that way dealing with the ratings. I was just saying i think that the ratings will be bad with those two teams. And we as Yankee fans get treated like sh*t alot more than others. And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). And how are the yankees classless. I'm sorry we dont have ten different uniforms, or flying monkeys or rags you wave around.

yanks how can you not like the mvp of the 2010 season?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

The yankess themselves have lots of class, probably one of the most professional team in baseball, it is their fans who lack class.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

[quote=yanks12025;221873 And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). [/quote]

How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

a bunch of you can rip on the yanks and their fans, but the minute i make an obvious joke, a bunch of you get defensive. boo hoo.

my point still stands: getting home from the stadium, especially after an ALCS game (never mind @ like midnight on a monday or tuesday night) is a daunting task.

i dont pretend to know how things are in texas, so some of you shouldnt pretend to question the motives behind people who leave an all-but-decided game at close to midnight on a weekday night...especially if it's never taken you 2-3 hours to travel 30 miles home.