Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

I think for any fan that is used to hearing their guys for 162 games any change sucks. Worst part is our play by play guy is gone next year so it will be somebody new.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

vin scully should just call every game

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I didn't try to make it sound that way dealing with the ratings. I was just saying i think that the ratings will be bad with those two teams. And we as Yankee fans get treated like sh*t alot more than others. And i'll be happy if the Giants or Phillies win the world series, just not happy if the Rangers do because i cant stand acouple of their players(Hamilton is the biggest one). And how are the yankees classless. I'm sorry we dont have ten different uniforms, or flying monkeys or rags you wave around.
    Yanks-

PLEASE show me below where I ever used the word 'classless'. Never came out of my mouth and definitely not written by me in my post either. I reserve that word for people and issues I really can't stand. Even in a heated debate like this here I wouldn't drop to that level about sports or people who follow/support their teams.

Are Yankees fans a Pain in the @$$? In my opinion yes - for the exact reasons I posted in my post that I also quoted below.

Again, if that wasn't what you meant, I understand - but can you see where the way it was stated it could be perceived that way?

- Smitty

Originally Posted by xpress34
    Legal -

Again, I agree on the ratings - I'm a realist, I know the Rangers won't draw what the Yankees would, BUT what I am saying is the way yanks put it out there, he is basically saying if I'm a real baseball fan then I shouldn't root for my team because of RATINGS.

At least that is my perception of wht he said and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one who read it that way.

That said, why do Yankees fans have to rain on other teams happiness and make it sound like the Yankees are the ONLY team that keeps baseball rolling???

Why do you think so many people HATE the Yankees and their fans? It's really not because of the winning - I like Mantle, Yogi, Ruth, Maris, Gehrig, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera and even Berkman. It's because they (the fans) treat fans of ANY other team like $h*t constantly and they can't take it when it comes back on them.

Again, my .02 and I stand by it.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    Most of those Texas fans just peeled off their Romo jersey to jump on the Ranger bandwagon. And if you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are bad, then Billy Bob Cowboy Fan at least operates in the same neighborhood of boorishness, if not worse. And Billy Bob now has a hand claw Rangers shirt with the tags still hanging off it.
    I do see that this xpress guy has been carrying the flag for some time and that should be commended.
    We had few Angels fans (that would admit it) around here until late '02 when they all became "long-time loyal supporters" Such is sports in America, land of front-running.
    GO-Rilla

Yes, I have been a Rangers fan since the start. I was a JR Ranger in 1973, 1974 and 1975... went back to D/FW for the 1st games at the new ballpark.

(Side note here to Yankees fans - the 1st game at the Ballpark was an OLD TIMERS game sponsored by Upper Deck. I got to high five THE MICK as he made his way around the park in a Corvette Covertible as he was the Honorary Captain of the AL Old Timer's team. Sadly it was also The Mick's LAST public appearance in Yankees pinstripes before he passed away the following August of 1995)

Anyway, thanks for noticing that I am not a bandwagon guy here - but can we please keep the topic on post about the Rangers/Yankees ALCS. Not pretty and not making yourself look good draggin in the NFL (Cowboys) just to get people hot - or hotter here. Just some friendly advice.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    I certainly don't like the Yankees, but could you imagine if Hamilton played for them and all the "hate" or "dislike" would go with him? It's just because of the Yankees money and past that goes with their current hate. Honestly what has A-Rod done now not to like him, what has Jeter ever done not to like him? Again, I strongly dislike the Yankees and their players, but what really have they done lately? Nothing, they even have been losing and still gaining hate.
    Lastings my man...

I don't hate Jeter (see earlier post), but I do dislike the Yankees. Why do I HATE @$$Rod... I laid that out in another post on another thread here sometime back....

Has to with him being a back stabbing, greedy, self indulgent diva. Yeah, that about covers it in basic terms.

The long and the short - after becoming a FA from the Mariners and signing with Texas, he's in the 3rd year of a CONTRACT he AGREED to... now, Tom Hicks is no saint and obviously an idiot sports owner (or rather former). When Hicks wanted to send him to Boston, he said he wanted to stay and HONOR his contract (also stating he did NOT want to move to 3rd - Boston had Nomar in his prime then). Rangers award his Loyalty by naming him the 1st Captain EVER in Rangers history. (Sundberg never was, O'Brien never was, Bell never was, etc) The next week, the Yankees decide to throw a flyer out Texas' way and @$$rod can't WAIT to bolt (honor your contract?) and even OFFERS to swap positions and go to 3rd for his (now estranged) buddy Derek Jeter. The all the other crap that happened after - capped by his 'IT'S ABOUT ME - NOT MLB' announcement of his new contract with NYY DURING Game 4 of the 2007 World Series. He can't even respect the game to let the series finish first?

So yeah, in a nutshell, that is why I HATE him. That will never change. And with his admission of Steroid use (and I'm sure it was more than just the Texas years) his 600 HRs are a JOKE. His 50+ years in Texas and even many of his 40+ might have been high 20's to mid 30's without the juice. I have no more respect for him than I do Bonds - and I don't respect Bonds at all.

You asked why people dis-like him, there's my reasons.

All the best -

Smitty

Break it up fellas please, lets give this one more try! does anyone know who has the ws? Please lord not T(he)B(alony)S(station)

Alright... now that I've covered the other topics posted today, my hat is off to the Yankees for battling back today.

I didn't get to see the game (it started at 2pm here in Denver and some of us do have to work for a living) but heard some of it on the radio (ESPN 1600 AM - Denver) and it sounds like the Rangers did themselves in with bad plays and such, but - again - hats off to Yankees pitching. 13 hits for Texas and they could only get 2 runs?

I honestly didn't think it would end with 3 in a row in NY, but I do think that Friday will be a different Rangers team than today. They will be energized by their fans and by the prospect of setting up Cliff Lee to pitch Game 1 of the 2010 WS.

As I have said many times here - and elsewhere - although there are teams I dislike (Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies), I am a fan of the GAME even though I root for the Rangers and the Rockies.

I have ONE tattoo - and it's NOT the Texas T or Rox CR it's:

Right below my neck where the MLB logo sits on Jerseys. I chose the Stars and Stripes version for TWO reasons - LOVE of COUNTRY (I am a disabled Vet - 12 years USAF) and LOVE of GAME.

I never meant to start name calling - so you 'Guido' and 'Billy Bob' name calling DAs (and I don't mean District Atty) - so PLEASE cut it out.

There have been some good constructive posts here, but some are just mean and spiteful.

All I ask is that you THINK before you speak (or write).

Thanks -

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Break it up fellas please, lets give this one more try! does anyone know who has the ws? Please lord not T(he)B(alony)S(station)
    Yankees -

MLB in order to make MORE revenue has THREE MLB contracts for ASG and Post Season:

MLB ASG Home Run Derby - ESPN
    MLB ASG - FOX

ALDS - TBS
    NLDS - TBS

ALCS - TBS
    NLCS - FOX

WS - FOX

And congrats to your Yanks for fighting to stay alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by ferro39 View Post
    vin scully should just call every game
    +1

And for every team. They should clone him.

Personally, I think that when Vin's time comes, they need to rename the Ford Frick Award to the Vin Scully Award.

I never met Frick, but what I've heard and read, he was a very petty man who looked down on those he felt were 'below' him - look at what he did to Maris when he was chasing Ruth's record. It was a petty and selfish act - especially in his position as Commissioner - because he was friends with Ruth and was Ruth's 'ghostwriter' on his auto-biography.

I have met Vin twice (including the Rockies last home stand this year) and he is still as nice as ever to anyone who wants to talk with him.

The picture is from like 5 years ago, but I just got Vin to sign it AND he signed another baseball for me as well.

watching mlb tv tonight the guys had the line "giants steal another from the phillies" I guess saying they got outpitched and outhit wouldnt of played into their obvious bias. Should be a good matchup in fridays games.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington