Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

It's his whole story, he's called a "Hero" yet he was still a drugy. There are tons of people in this world and I know acouple that have battle through drugs and have become great people, yet none of them are called heros. What about the people that battle back from disease's, not a one gets credit because their not a famous person.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....

how?

probably one of the same reasons why a lot of people hate yankees fans: because of the copious amounts of crap that their fans have been talking this entire series.

it's not cool when our fans do it and it's not cool when rangers fans do it either. it's basically an ugly cycle, which results in a bunch of people unnecessarily getting their feelings hurt on message boards.

and barring a massive choke job, the rangers deserve to go to the WS. i wish them well (anyone but philly!). outside of basically 1 inning, they have handed us a royal a$$ kicking.

no sh1t talking here

Why were the fans roling out last night in the 7th? I have no idea what it is like in the NY and have zero intentions of ever finding out.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Most of those Texas fans just peeled off their Romo jersey to jump on the Ranger bandwagon. And if you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are bad, then Billy Bob Cowboy Fan at least operates in the same neighborhood of boorishness, if not worse. And Billy Bob now has a hand claw Rangers shirt with the tags still hanging off it.
    I do see that this xpress guy has been carrying the flag for some time and that should be commended.
    We had few Angels fans (that would admit it) around here until late '02 when they all became "long-time loyal supporters" Such is sports in America, land of front-running.

How can you not like Hamilton? He has class. You don't see him jumping up and down after hitting a home run, do you? He walks to the dugout and then sits down after being congratulated by his teammates.

On the other hand, look at the $pankees, they cry all the time. Aroid, Posada (pees on his hands), Burnett (needs another tattoo) and others...... Arod is enough for me NOT to like them.....
    C'mon David, you're better than that buddy!

It has been a good series. Today is the biggest game in rangers history, and i hope it works out good. something to point back at the east coast bias. Last night on mlb tv harold reynolds said he thought the rangers were the hottest team in the playoffs right now. The guy sitting next to him said with a straight face i don think they are hotter or a better team than the phillies. I guess that guy hasnt watched the nlcs.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Ummmmm.....have you seen hamilton's tatoos???????? Not much better

Regardless of what happens in todays game the highlight of the game happened in the top of the 1st. It was the chant of "yankees suck" in their own ballpark. Got to love those rangers fans.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Let's get back on track with the thread here.....

Play by Play announcers and Commentators are suffering from the same vicious and painful disease that the "Blog-osphere" suffers from. Thinking that because they are paid to talk out their behinds, that they should.

Let me break off a piece of truth for you. Failed athletes and ego-driven catchphrase whores have ruined sports on TV. If guys like Vin Scully aren't calling the game, save some sanity, hit mute and do the play by play and commentary yourself. Do it out loud. Ignore the look from your wife, the annoyance from your kids and the cocked head from your dog. Call it honest, "That pitch call sucked more than Paris Hilton at the Emmy's"

"He was out by 2 feet. Get your head out of your behind. If I wanted crap like that, I'd squeeze your head"

"Call the cops on this Ump and report a mugging"

People in sports can't shake the feeling that they know the game and they are so much smarted and understand it much better than we simpleton fans. Joe Morgan suffers from Foot in Mouth Disease. The game passed him by 30 years ago. Great player, condesending prick as a commentator.

But take my advice. Mute the game once and call it. You'll honestly think when you unmute, that some drunk yuppie is doing the same damn thing.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Ummmmm.....have you seen hamilton's tatoos???????? Not much better
    I certainly don't like the Yankees, but could you imagine if Hamilton played for them and all the "hate" or "dislike" would go with him? It's just because of the Yankees money and past that goes with their current hate. Honestly what has A-Rod done now not to like him, what has Jeter ever done not to like him? Again, I strongly dislike the Yankees and their players, but what really have they done lately? Nothing, they even have been losing and still gaining hate.