Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Watching the Rangers / Yankees Series on TBS is really making me sick.

The announcers are all in love with The Yankees and treat the Rangers like they're just another stepping stone for the Yankees.

Other than giving Cliff Lee the due he deserves, the announcers were almost nonchalant in announcing the Rangers hits and plays, but when the Yankees got a hit, they sounded like they were jumping out of their seats.

Right now the Rangers are in a good spot... at minimum, they get the Series back to Arlington.

Apparently there is speculation that Girardi will pull AJ tomorrow and start CC on 3 days rest. If it backfires for the Yankees it could put them in a tailspin.

Hats off the Cliff Lee - 13 Ks! And if it hadn't been for the 9th inning Offensive barrage from the Rangers hitters, Lee probably would have come back out to go for another CG.

GO RANGERS!!!

- Chris

P.S. - Did anyone else notice Posada making the call for the Ump to check the ball after his bloop hit? The Ump checked it and tossed it right back to Lee...

Re: Can TBS coverage get anymore biased?

Can't imagine Ronny sides with the Yankees just from listening to him for years during the Subway Series, but I haven't seen too much of the ALCS then again who cares, the announcing is awful for the most part once the post-season commences.

Wow chris i see it the totally other way.I thought for sure they all had a man crush on cliff lee.And never ever showed that strike zone thing when it comes to the yankees getting bad call.And when there is a questionable call against them they never show a replay.I guess its all about who you are pulling for as how you see things.But then i think all sports coverage on tv is just stubid and can't stand to listen to it.As they spend more time talking about stubid things that actually calling the game.See i am old enough when there used to a play by play guy and then a color or insight guy.But now it seems you cant tell whos doing who.When was the last time you actually heard a play by play on tv,thats alright i'll wait.Yeah it's been awhile proberly late 80's.Its all about silly stuff now like showing smoltz in the blimp with conan.It hurts to say that i dont agree with you on this as i always agree with you.But i guess that streak comes to a end my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    P.S. - Did anyone else notice Posada making the call for the Ump to check the ball after his bloop hit? The Ump checked it and tossed it right back to Lee...
    Posada got jammed on that hit and I think he was under the impression he hit it with the pine tar part of the bat and was signaling to check the ball for pine tar. That isn't too uncommon.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Wow chris i see it the totally other way.I thought for sure they all had a man crush on cliff lee.And never ever showed that strike zone thing when it comes to the yankees getting bad call.And when there is a questionable call against them they never show a replay.I guess its all about who you are pulling for as how you see things.But then i think all sports coverage on tv is just stubid and can't stand to listen to it.As they spend more time talking about stubid things that actually calling the game.See i am old enough when there used to a play by play guy and then a color or insight guy.But now it seems you cant tell whos doing who.When was the last time you actually heard a play by play on tv,thats alright i'll wait.Yeah it's been awhile proberly late 80's.Its all about silly stuff now like showing smoltz in the blimp with conan.It hurts to say that i dont agree with you on this as i always agree with you.But i guess that streak comes to a end my friend.
    Joba -

We must be talking about totally different announcers then my friend.

When the Rangers fell apart in Game 1, all they kept talking about was teh Yankees Machine and how disheartened the Rangers looked because they 'knew it was over' even before the Yankees took the lead...

When the Rangers turned it on in the 9th tonight, it was all about how the Yankee weren't worried because they 'know they will bounce right back in the next game', etc...

I fully admitted they gave Cliff Lee his due, BUT that wasn't because he's on the Rangers - that is ALL because he pitched for another East Coast team (Phils) last year and was lights out in the Post Season then as well.

Even tonight, when Lee gave up the walk, the announcers immediately perked up and started talking about the Yankees getting to Lee or something like that, but when talking about Hamilton's bomb off Pettite, they dressed it down as a (and I quote) 'MINOR blip' in his game. You think they were gushing on Lee??? They were sucking Pettite's man teets for all they were worth.

But I digress as I fell we will end up agreeing to disagree.

lakeerie92 -

On the comment about the Pine Tar - thanks for clarifying that my wife was on the phone at that point and I couldn't hear the broadcast

All I saw was him holding up his hand in what looked like a knuckle ball grip like he was saying Lee had cut or doctored the ball.

- Chris

Yeah XPRESS-I think it's best to chalk this up to we agree to disagree-
    Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Joba -

We must be talking about totally different announcers then my friend.

When the Rangers fell apart in Game 1, all they kept talking about was teh Yankees Machine and how disheartened the Rangers looked because they 'knew it was over' even before the Yankees took the lead...

When the Rangers turned it on in the 9th tonight, it was all about how the Yankee weren't worried because they 'know they will bounce right back in the next game', etc...

I fully admitted they gave Cliff Lee his due, BUT that wasn't because he's on the Rangers - that is ALL because he pitched for another East Coast team (Phils) last year and was lights out in the Post Season then as well.

Even tonight, when Lee gave up the walk, the announcers immediately perked up and started talking about the Yankees getting to Lee or something like that, but when talking about Hamilton's bomb off Pettite, they dressed it down as a (and I quote) 'MINOR blip' in his game. You think they were gushing on Lee??? They were sucking Pettite's man teets for all they were worth.

But I digress as I fell we will end up agreeing to disagree.

lakeerie92 -

On the comment about the Pine Tar - thanks for clarifying that my wife was on the phone at that point and I couldn't hear the broadcast

All I saw was him holding up his hand in what looked like a knuckle ball grip like he was saying Lee had cut or doctored the ball.

- Chris

I watch the game on mute then turn to mlb tv afterwards. I say start cc on short rest, he had a weeks rest in his first start and got treated like a red headed stepchild. I like how they are now underscoring tommy hunter as being a scrub. Aj vs tommy, i like our odds.Especially if AJ has to rely on his fastball. The best part about tonights game was watching all those fair weather yankees fans leaving the park early. How did aj do in the alds?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    I watch the game on mute then turn to mlb tv afterwards. I say start cc on short rest, he had a weeks rest in his first start and got treated like a red headed stepchild. I like how they are now underscoring tommy hunter as being a scrub. Aj vs tommy, i like our odds.Especially if AJ has to rely on his fastball. The best part about tonights game was watching all those fair weather yankees fans leaving the park early. How did aj do in the alds?
    Fnazxc -

I was going to mention the early 'exodus' as well. I guess those fans really have faith in their Yankees?!?!

It was like watching Game 5 in Tampa all over again with how empty the seats were in the bottom of the 9th. I wish I ad that kind of money to buy not JUST a ticket to a game at Yankee Stadium, but a ticket to the LCS and be able to just give up on my team and leave early.

When I still lived in the D/FW area (Garland) going to the Rangers games, and even since I've been here in Colorado going to the Rockies games, I NEVER leave early just because my team is behind. I've seen too many amazing comebacks as well as many not so happy endings, but I got every $$ worth.

In 1995 at the Rockies Home Opener - the 1st 'Official' game at Coors Field after the Regular MLB players came back, I sat through 14 innings in cold ass weather with rain and sleet and was rewarded with Dante Bichette's 14th inning Walk Off blast - and the Blake Street Bombers were born.

I don't remember seeing The Ballpark @ Arlington emptying out when the Rangers were down to the Rays, but maybe the Rangers fans actually appreciate getting to see their boys play in October where many Yankees fans feel that they are OWED the Post Season experience because they have become spoiled. Just my .02, but I think there is some credence to it.

Let's see if the Rangers truly are the 'Road Warriors' and can keep the streak alive - 4 straight Post Season road wins.

- Chris

Whats the point in staying at the game when your team is down by 8 runs(your fans would do the same if down by 8). Yes i would have left early also to bet traffic because i live three hours away and im not close to being a fair weather fan. I'm going to the game tonight and im worried one bit. The yankees are known for letting ok pitchers pitch like their a hall of famer and also AJ is going tonight.

P.S
    You talk about fair weather fans, yet your fans only started showing up when you actually began winning games.

Banned

For those of you who don't live in the New York area or who have not traveled here recently. If you drive to the game if you stay to the end you are facing utter gridlock and a very long time to just get out of the lot and onto the parkway to get out of the Bronx. When one works the next day and the game is going to end after 11pm, one does not want to sit in traffic until 2 am. It is the same at Jets, Giants and Mets games. Once the outcome appears certain everyone leaves to beat the traffic. No team is coming back down 8-0 in the 9th after being 2 hit all day.