Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wish we had a Football Section here at GUU

Man I do love this site...just wish we had a section for just Football Game used stuff..NFL..College..etc...What do yall think!! Gooo Dawggss!!

Re: Wish we had a Football Section here at GUU

I AGREE 100% and I know a lot of other guys would too!

It has been discussed at length around here, but like many other things, its tossed out the window.

Good luck with your suggestion.

Banned

Most of the discussion on here is about the NFL. that and MLB. Rarely do people talk NBA other than Jordan and Lebron threads and NHL, NASCAR and golf never come up.

Yeah, the reasonable thing would be to break up into a Football section a baseball section and an "other" section.

But for some reason, the owners/mods aren't interested. There's no reason that they don't... they just ignore the idea.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UGA016 View Post
    Man I do love this site...just wish we had a section for just Football Game used stuff..NFL..College..etc...What do yall think!! Gooo Dawggss!!
    Count me in.

As Matt said, the idea has been brought up many times in the past but nothing ever comes of it. I've always gotten the impression that this is basically a baseball collectors' site and us football guys are just kind of allowed to be here.

Whatever. I'm glad the opportunity exists for us to be able to add our 2 cents', we just have to get used to the idea of digging our threads back out from under the pile all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    As Matt said, the idea has been brought up many times in the past but nothing ever comes of it. I've always gotten the impression that this is basically a baseball collectors' site and us football guys are just kind of allowed to be here.

Whatever. I'm glad the opportunity exists for us to be able to add our 2 cents', we just have to get used to the idea of digging our threads back out from under the pile all the time.
    Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I brought up the idea to the moderating committee and, at least for the time being, we are going to keep what some of the other moderators referred to as the "all inclusive nature" of the forum sections.

However, just to be clear, I strongly disagree that this "basically a baseball collectors' site". I think there are plenty of all types of collectors and there is a great deal of information being shared for everyone. In fact, some have expressed that is one of the things that makes the site so enriching and different from other specialized sites. That is, it seems that people can benefit from the knowledge being shared regardless of their collecting preferences.

Net, I don't think there is really a right or wrong way to set things up. Though each might have it's advantages, I think we will likely keep things as they are for now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and feel free to email me directly if you care to discuss anything further.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

What you think of a new section in the forum for football

The title says all ,what do you think if this site has a specific section just for football fans?
    Inside football theres various leagues such as college football,NFL and other minor leagues that collectors make it different then just NFL....
    I think this was already talked in the past but wanted to hear more opinion now that football season is here.

Re: What you think of a new section in the forum for football

Yes please! I like baseball as much as the next guy, but football NEEDS it's own section.