Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Is hobby prices at their worst?

Hopefully it's just an ebay thing, but I've never seen game used items going for so low. I'm afraid to list anything on the Bay because I might as well just give it away for free, lately. Am I wrong? Seems bad.

Re: Is hobby prices at their worst?

Ive noticed the same thing, i think the hobby has crapped out , it wasnt this bad in 08 in the middle of the "great recession" so im afraid, im just hoping, no praying its just a buyers market

Banned

It's bad

I rarely do regular auctions anymore just because the prices are so low but on the eBay Fixed Price w/ Best Offer I have done well. Not achieving my desired prices, but you know the old saying "A sale is a sale".
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Funny that you bring this subject up. I've been posting my interest in purchasing Mets jerseys in the items wanted threads and have been getting very few responses for the past couple of months. I'm willing to buy at a fair price but it seems like most collectors (at least of Mets jerseys from the 90's and early 2000's) are not interested in moving them. I'm not sure if dropping prices are the major concern. Rather, in my opinion, the lack of willing sellers who own quality items is slowing the hobby down the most.

I have seen a lot of listings lately with Buy it now with best option. If i had a high end item i didnt want to dump that would be about the only way id sell something.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by 33bird View Post
    Hopefully it's just an ebay thing, but I've never seen game used items going for so low. I'm afraid to list anything on the Bay because I might as well just give it away for free, lately. Am I wrong? Seems bad.

Good subject ,
    Its scary bad,It seems that us collectors see the light, but there are those bat dealers that still try to sell their bats at 2 to 4 times market prices and the inventory just sits and sits and sits, maybe they need to wake up and see the light also.

I think it depends on what is for sale. I wish there was a storefront right here on GUU.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Banned

Allstarsplus..I agree bud. I won't let any auction just run if its a real quality item. Fixed price with best offer, I think, is the best option right now. It's a nice buyers market but not a good time to sell I'm afraid.

I don't think it's the hobby as a whole. I think the problem is ebay. It seems that every time I find a bat on the bay, that I like the seller doesn't have "enough" bids so they end the auction early.

These are a few examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think that in the past sellers wouldn't typically pull their lots, and often times the price would run in the last few minutes.

Also if the hobby is in decline please sell me your pitchers bats! Thanks.

tmw2ward@hotmail.com