Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Arizona Fall League

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post

On the other hand, I'm told that Desert Dogs manager Don Mattingly isn't signing much of anything. At the end of the season, I may have a couple of nice (unsigned) Mattingly Yankees photos to give away.
    Found this video of Donnie Baseball signing the other day during the AFL season

http://www.hotvideotube.net/video/10...-League-2.html

Since I made that comment, a couple of people have told me that they've seen Mattingly sign for 15 to 20 people at a game. Other times, he's invisible, as he was at Phoenix Muni today.

I got my Koby Clemens ball, by the way - mostly 'cause I couldn't find Matt Lawson after the game, to get him to sign the foul ball he'd hit in the 7th, and I hadn't been able to draw out Dismuke, the batting coach, to get a couple of cards signed, and I was just sort of wandering around the parking lot, on the verge of being mildly disgrunted, and ran into Clemens. I had a Fall League ball that I'd found on Monday, on the edge of the field, sitting entirely too close to the wall not to be stolen, and I had him sign that.

And the Seeds of Greatness Collection is launched.

The guy I'm following is playing well so far. .441 avg .735 Slug, #3 OPS in AFL. 7 doubles and a HR in 34 AB. Royals second baseman Johnny Giavotella.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

godwulf ill try and see if i can get a reid ryan(Nolan's son) ball at the game tomorrow. He played in the minors but never made it. Awesome idea for a collection. I laughed out loud when i read the "seeds of greatness" collection.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I guess the Holy Grail of the collection would be to get a ball signed by Babe Ruth's daughter - she comes out to the Diamondbacks games, sometimes. Technically, she's not a "seed", 'cause she's the Babe's step-daughter, but still...

Godwulf
    Cannot thank you enough for the advice regarding autographs at Peoria Sports Complex. Mattingly was great signing this morning for just me and another guy. Sorry I missed you at Scottsdale.

Hey, Joe....

If you're going to be in town tomorrow night, I'll be at the Scorpions-Dogs game at Phx Muni...and I may end up going to the Rising Stars game on Saturday after all, it depends on how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    godwulf ill try and see if i can get a reid ryan(Nolan's son) ball at the game tomorrow. He played in the minors but never made it. Awesome idea for a collection. I laughed out loud when i read the "seeds of greatness" collection.
    I've had this one for years...

A friend got it done for me at Ryan vs Ryan - Texas Rangers @ UT Austin back in 1991. Reid Ryan on top and that 'other' Ryan guy on sweet spot...

Nolan talks about this game and says he was more nervous facing off against his own son than any MLB start he ever had.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by rays54 View Post
    Godwulf
    Cannot thank you enough for the advice regarding autographs at Peoria Sports Complex. Mattingly was great signing this morning for just me and another guy. Sorry I missed you at Scottsdale.
    You're a good man!!!

Glad to hear you got Donnie Baseball!!! We got him a few times here in Denver with Dodgers last year when they were in town!

Looking forward to seeing you in the spring Joe!

GW - we still have to meet up when I'm there at Spring Training!!!

- Smitty

Now that ST is going to be at Talking Stick (great Baseball name, btw, if you think about it) instead of all the way down in Tucson, I might actually get to some games next year.