• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: New GUU Registration Process

Originally posted by coxfan
    I've had years of administrative experience in I had to deal with periodic legal issues as part of the job.These experiences have taught me that it's far easier to file frivolous lawsuits than people realize, and even the most frivoluous suit is expensive to defend even when it has no foundation. Furthermore, the fact that the Internet's world-wide may allow suits to be filed in any jurisdiction where the plaintiff may live, even if it's hundreds of miles from the defendant.

So I suggest that you: 1) Never contact anyone's employer; or 2) never publish the real name of a person you suspect of creating a problem.
    I think Chris' idea is if people are posting from their work computers, then their employers should be notified. I'm pretty sure this is what he meant.

I also know that to join this forum your real name must be used and available to all. If someone is using a fake name, I find no issue for their real names to be posted.

Comment

• lakeerie92
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
      Hello Russell,

Thank you for your thoughts. There are two points where we will probably have to agree to disagree. They are:

1) I disagree that making their actions known would be reducing to their level. If you look at it, these people are the ones who have made the false claims attempting to create some form of controversy and disrupt things on the site. If we were to respond as proposed, there is not one claim we would be making about them, only sharing the things they have done. While I understand you might feel differently, I think those are two very different things.

2) I also disagree that it would be lending truth to what they say. The issue here is that their actions are disrupting the harmony of where we conduct business and creates a distraction for our members. While there is no truth to what is being said, it still disrupts things when they post what they do. That is the issue here.

To be clear, my intent is to take the high road as you suggested. We will see if the new registration process works in eliminating the problem. However, if this issue does somehow continue I will simply not stand by and allow people to try to disrupt the livelihoods of those involved with GUU or the harmony that should be enjoyed by our members.

Thanks again for all the feedback and we look forward to implementing the new system as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
      Chris
      I hope it eliminates the problem also. I also hope that the person or persons involved with this saw the thread and realize that they have impressed no one and take this warning shot to heart.
      Russell Wuerffel
      Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
      lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• yankees506
        • Apr 2010

I dont know what any of this is all about and honestly i dont care, if you hate chris, cool, if you wish guu did not exist, fine. Just stop imposing this attack on our site, many of us here dont know chris and dont care what he has done to you. We are not sheep, we are just collectors who enjoy this forum. Your "network" has created a really annoying problem for this forum posting silly user names like pinkpantiewhomever and "f-all you guu-(female private part)" make it impossible for any young future collectors to enjoy this site, i have no qualms with you, chris, your drones, or anyone else. Im just tired of this madness, its really sad that someone can attack people they dont know

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Hello MLB,

Out of curiousity, what makes you think these people are not trying to mess with my livlihood and others involved with GUU by posting false and slanderous comments? If so, wouldn't contacting their employers be a fair response? Not saying I will do it, just curious as to why you think their actions are any different.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

-Chris

With the attention local and Federal Authorities have been giving to the recent rash of cyber-bullying it's amazing certain people whose identities are known would even continue to leave threatening and harassing posts on a public forum. Every post is never deleted (only from public view) so the perpertrator is leaving a nice audit trail of evidence that can be used in criminal prosecution. Putting the new registration in not only protects the forum and it's members from these posts but will protect these bullies from themselves because it's really their own livlihoods and reputations (personal and yes professional) that they are putting on the line everytime they choose to make one of these posts.
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• chakes89
            • May 2006

This new process seems like a good idea but what about the people that already have multiple user names on here.

I don't know of anyone personally but it's almost impossible to say that there aren't at least a few people out there with multiple user names.

And just to clarify, my post from the other day about having 13 user names was just a joke. Hence the at the end of the post.
            I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• legaleagle92481
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

Will existing members be required to reregister?

Comment

• trsent
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

As such, we will soon be implementing a new registration system that will require any new registrants to provide detailed contact information which we will verify before they are allowed to post on the site. Although this will require an extra step in the registration process, we think this will help prevent these annoying posts that are intended to disrupt the harmony of the forum.
                Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                Will existing members be required to reregister?
                The first post in this thread answers your question.

Comment

Working...