do you keep or remove holograms/stickers from game used?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnazxc0114
    • Aug 2007

Re: do you keep or remove holograms/stickers from game used?

something to think about i just bought a jersey from the highland mint and they wouldnt give me the holo number. Said people were making fake holo's using the numbers they gave them.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Comment

• quiggle28
      Banned
      • May 2008

Originally posted by AWA85
      Where did you purchase the jersey from? Are you sure it is the real deal and somebody did not just apply a broken/used hologram to the jersey the same way you applied it to the letter?
      directly from Steiner Sports, the MLB hologram was affixed onto the jocktag but parts of it had that broken look to it and seems like the hologram wasn't going to stick for the long run so I tried to gently remove it but it started breaking up and leaving residue on the jocktag. salvaged whatever I could and placed it on the Letter of Authenticity. I'm surprised the number and letters that could be entered onto MLB Authentication database didn't break apart though. I also removed the Steiner hologram, which interestingly, it came off with relative ease and fully intact and I also placed that on the Steiner LOA.

Comment

• Mulligans
        • Dec 2009

I leave the MLB's where they are. On a few occassions I have accidently washed them and they were fine. (Jackets only)

I always remove the NFL Stickers and put them directly on the card and file them away.....If you don't, they will definitely fall off. The stickers from 3 or 4 years ago were fine the new ones really stink.

NHL....NBA....Thank you Meigray!

Comment

• solarlottry
          • Jan 2009

Most I leave on especially NFL auction ones but a MEARS A5 I had on a 49ers gamer with legit team letter I took off. My reasoning was that the shirt was a non superstar so the possibility of a fake was low. Plus that season this player didn't play that much so it was worn on the sideline, thus the lack of use. I have no plans to sell the shirt so I took the sticker off. Another few stickers I removed were from shops and dealers whose "authenticity" really doesn't change the item. I have a Roger Craig 1990 gamer with tons of use and thought that the sticker from a random cards shop means nothing so I removed it.

I always leave stickers from JO etc intact.

Always buying 49ers gamers!!!
          Paul
          garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...