Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

do you keep or remove holograms/stickers from game used?

Hi everyone one, do most of you keep your hologram/stickers on game used items or do you remove them because they take away from how the item originally looks as shown being used in a game? Those who remove the holograms, what is the best way to do so without causing them to break? Thank you and have a great day!

Re: do you keep or remove holograms/stickers from game used?

I keep them
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

This is no brainer. Most people buying authenticated stuff from MLB authenticated, Steiner, NFL/NBA auctions ect DO FOR A REASON. That it's authenticated with holograms, beyond me why anyone would take them off.

I have and will keep doing so, only if I can find a photo match. And what I mean by photo match is indisputable visual evidence that is the exact item pictured in the photo!!! To me a perfect photo match is worth more then a sticky piece of shinny foil.

keep.

I did make a mistake once removing what I thought was some ugly white inventory sticker... Then later discovered it was the MLB tagging as part of the maple broken bat study of 2008. Those big ugly white stickers definitely added validation to the item and told an interesting story of what was going on with baseball bats at that point in history and also helped validate the item's authenticity and in-game use.

I have since gotten a couple more maple broken bat study stickered bats and have left those stickers on, because I like the history of it more than seeing another 1"x2" of wood.

Specific to game used authentication holograms, I keep them 100% of the time and would never consider removing it. The placement is often not the best, but I'm not taking them off. If I got an item with a hologram from an unknown/untrusted authenticator that adds no value, I might take it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    I have and will keep doing so, only if I can find a photo match. And what I mean by photo match is indisputable visual evidence that is the exact item pictured in the photo!!! To me a perfect photo match is worth more then a sticky piece of shinny foil.
    Hi everyone thanks for the replies. jetersbatboy, so if you decide to one day sell off your items which you removed the holograms from do you worry about taking a loss because of this? Or do you feel having a photo-match will make up for this? Thank you and have a good day!

Although I hate these stickers with a passion, I leave them on. Wish they could be placed on the inside of jerseys, under hats, possibly on the top of bats, anywhere but the display views.

Oh well, price we pay for authentication.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Hi everyone, please offer your advice on what I should do with a jersey I recently purchased with paper LOA and MLB Authenticated hologram on the tagging. The hologram states it was authenticated on the same day the player pitched but after watching the game again, I can safely say the jersey he pitched in is not the one in my possession. I am pretty sure it is a jersey used in other games that was probably in the locker room as a back-up when authenticated. Perhaps there was a mix up on MLB's part. I am considering removing the MLB Authenticated hologram because I do not want to give the impression, if I resell it, that this jersey is the jersey player pitched in for the day jersey was authenticated. Should I or not? Thank you and have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by salmon View Post
    Hi everyone thanks for the replies. jetersbatboy, so if you decide to one day sell off your items which you removed the holograms from do you worry about taking a loss because of this? Or do you feel having a photo-match will make up for this? Thank you and have a good day!
    Yes and no, I think a sold photo match adds to the value for most seasoned collectors. Now for a novice collectors the holo is worth more, so it depends who you are selling to. In my want add I ask for team LOAs or MLB auth, and that because some team, depending on year did not let go jersey without a LOA. Like the A's, I'm told from the early 2000s the issued LOAs to all jersey sold at there fan fest till this past year 2010. So since I'd like a Kurt Suzuki jersey, I'd like a team letter if the jersey is from before 2010. I think the royals also do this, so I'd like a LOA for any jersey I'd buy from them. That's just me!!

you'd be a moron to remove an MLB hologram:

"The holograms that are used by Authenticators, Inc. are designed to come apart if tampered with. Sometimes if the item is not handled properly the hologram can be partially removed as well. To avoid counterfeiting or switching, once a hologram shows signs of removal the policy is to void the hologram and no replacement can be made."

according to Authenticated taking off a hologram would render your item worthless.