Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: One of a kind or Interesting Items in players career

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I have the actual ball Early Wynn pitched for his 2,000th strikeout. Does that count?

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I guess we will count that

I have a bat that Jose Valientine used in ST 09 and he let go of it and hit a camera man square in the forehead. it stopped the game for about 20 mins. i talked to the camera man as he was leaving for the hospital and he said here you go kid i have no need for this and handed it to me. does that count? hah

I have (well to be precise I gave it to my Mom) the uniform that Mike Mussina wore in the game when he got his career 2500th K.

This was a cheap team giveaway shaving kit bag that was given out by the Charlotte Orioles in 1980.....It was left in Cal Ripken's locker after his 1982 rookie season & I purchased it from the clubhouse attendant who kept it for years...While it was hard to believe that Cal would be using such a cheap ass shaving kit once he made it to The Show, when he signed it for me he told me that he actually used this from 1980-82 to store his batting gloves during travel (which made the story that much better!):

When Sami Salo became injured for the first time (of about 100 assorted injuries) he was sent down to the Ottawa Senators IHL team, the Detroit Vipers. He played 5 games, 3 in a white jersey and 2 in a purple.

Detroit is now defunct and it's the only white one he ever wore. Considering he could make the Sports Injury HOF, the jersey from his first re-hab stint seems interesting, to me at least
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com