Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

Lee's wife was spit upon, had beer thrown on her, and was cursed throughout the yankees series. We all know the yankees have some deep pockets, but i think the rangers have a lot of room in next years payroll to mmake a run at cliff. Plus the team is realy young and has a chance to be good for a long time.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-279919

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...-rangers_N.htm
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Re: You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

The first article I think is just ridiculous, if the Yankees were to sign Lee then do you think Mrs. Lee will be sitting with the crowd? Not a chance, she may even get her own luxury suite just for the sake of things. Personally, I think with Texas beating out the Yankees may play a large role come this off season, but you really never know with these things especially when the Yankees are involved. Sometimes players go for the money and the "pinstripes." There's just some players that "dig the pinstripes."

From what my wife told me Misty Mae Treanor has pics on her facebook page of the fans spitting on them. What kind of person spits on and throws beer on a woman?
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    From what my wife told me Misty Mae Treanor has pics on her facebook page of the fans spitting on them. What kind of person spits on and throws beer on a woman?
    Oh, I dunno......Charlie Sheen........Mel Gibson.........Robert Blake.........Wil Cordero.........

I would hope Cliff Lee and his family stick to their southern roots and help Nolan Ryan make the Rangers a future powerhouse. Lee's marquee value will be stellar if (or when) Texas wins the series. With The Rangers' new and improved baseball and marketing muscle, I can see Lee having a better and more lucrative career in Texas than in NY. I don't know for sure yea or nay but I hope he's not going to turn into a mercenary.

Fifty year drought for Texas and Cliff Lee could definitely see his name for now and for the longer term become somewhat legendary in Rangers lore.

Banned

Smile Re: You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

Lee would be THE MAN in Texas, as opposed to being just another multi-millionaire moundsman in New York.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Lee would be THE MAN in Texas, as opposed to being just another multi-millionaire moundsman in New York.

Dave Miedema
    Not at all, Texas is big just like New York and you got to consider some of those guys in Dallas where there is a team called the Cowboys. No matter what, the Rangers will never, ever be like what the Cowboys have built themselves up to be.

They will never exceed the cowboys, which is bad because i could care less about them. If Cliff Lee helps bring the WS to texas i bet he could almost come close to nolan ryan status around the metroplex. With the way free agency is structured the yankess are going to do nothing but continue to get older.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Angry Re: You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    Not at all, Texas is big just like New York and you got to consider some of those guys in Dallas where there is a team called the Cowboys. No matter what, the Rangers will never, ever be like what the Cowboys have built themselves up to be.
    Read my post a little more closely. Lastings...the mention of "moundsman" indicates that I was referring to pitchers, not the entire scope of either city's professional sports teams.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Read my post a little more closely. Lastings...the mention of "moundsman" indicates that I was referring to pitchers, not the entire scope of either city's professional sports teams.

Dave Miedema
    So pitchers have their own social demographic is what you are telling me?