Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who can authenticate game-used jerseys?

There seems to be a lot of backlash against Lou Lampson for authenticating game-used jerseys. Who do you recommend out there to authenticate game-used jerseys that you would all trust and buy items with their LOA attached?

Banned

Re: Who can authenticate game-used jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by kmantm64 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of backlash against Lou Lampson for authenticating game-used jerseys. Who do you recommend out there to authenticate game-used jerseys that you would all trust and buy items with their LOA attached?
    Most people on here don't trust anyone, they say do your homework and ask lots of questions before buying anything game used.

I personally trust MEARS (www.mearsonline.com) to authenticate many jerseys. Their service is not cheap, but the have a detailed process and are open to discussions if errors are found after the fact.

I'm actually looking to sell things rather than buy them. They come directly from the family of the player. Would a letter from the family be more convincing than a review from MEARS? Also, do you have to sell an item through MEARS or will they simply just authenticate? Thanks.

Who is the player? If it is a star player would get a letter from family...If it is a common player, etc I wouldnt worry about a letter.

It's a Jim Palmer full Orioles uniform from 1987. I'm assuming it was worn during spring training since he retired in 1984. That is the dilema I'm facing. I have no doubt it's legit, but everyone knows what my opinion is worth in this matter. That's why I wanted someone to authenticate it. I personally was impressed by the only interaction I've had with Lampson, he gave us a very detailed and thorough evaluation of a Mike Curtis Super Bowl V jersey that my company auctioned off. His LOA was 4 pages and very in depth.

GREYFLANNEL has always been helpful to me. They have given me honest and objective opinions about items I presented for evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by kmantm64 View Post
    It's a Jim Palmer full Orioles uniform from 1987. I'm assuming it was worn during spring training since he retired in 1984. That is the dilema I'm facing. I have no doubt it's legit, but everyone knows what my opinion is worth in this matter. That's why I wanted someone to authenticate it. I personally was impressed by the only interaction I've had with Lampson, he gave us a very detailed and thorough evaluation of a Mike Curtis Super Bowl V jersey that my company auctioned off. His LOA was 4 pages and very in depth.
    The source of this particular jersey is Jim Palmer's ex-wife...When they split a few years ago, Jim obviously moved out and had left some things behind at the house.

It's a legit jersey that he wore at ST as a coach/instructor......I saw the jersey at the Philly Show last month and it's really neat!

Isn't this uniform already being offered by an auction house this month?
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Isn't this uniform already being offered by an auction house this month?
    Yes, Schulte Sports, the same outfit that has the Sosa corked bat.

Palmer's ex-wife is the consignor...

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Yes, Schulte Sports, the same outfit that has the Sosa corked bat.

Palmer's ex-wife is the consignor...
    So then why if the item is already on the auction block are we now looking to authenticate it? Doesn't this string of events appear to be a little backwards?
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com