Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Posting Multiple Bats

Hi All,

I am looking at getting some bats sent over, but I am wondering if there are any efficiencies gained in posting more than on at a time. Here in Australia we have a long tube packaging, but you would only fit one it at a time. I am wondering if it is the same in the US.

If this is the only product over there that is easy to get, how do you post multiple bats? Can you tape multiple tubes together to save on postage?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Re: Posting Multiple Bats

Hey Mark,

Most people don't use those type of tubes you listed to ship bats within the United States. When shipping bats, people ordinarily use USPS, FedEx, or UPS boxes, which are issued by their respective mail carriers, and all closely resemble this box.

There are however two other types of boxes that I've seen quite frequently, which include a box for single bats, which look like this, and there are boxes, which effectively hold four bats, which look like this. The measurements for each respective box is 4x4x36 and 8x8x36. If there are more bats than four, just keep expanding the boxes first two measurements.

Hope this helps.

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew!
    Can the uline products be bought in retail stores? I have a relative in NYC that is collating stuff for me and would like to make it as easy as possible.

In Australia, we just rock up to the post office and they sell all the packaging there (but you have to physically pack it) - is it similar there?

Are most bats wrapped in bubble wrap and then shipped in the tubes?

Thanks,
    Mark.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but would these boxes: Priority/Express Mail Tube Large 6"x38" from USPS fit more than one bat in them? Also what weight should I use for bats? About 1 pound?
    Thanks,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but would these boxes: Priority/Express Mail Tube Large 6"x38" from USPS fit more than one bat in them? Also what weight should I use for bats? About 1 pound?
    Thanks,
    Mark.
    Mark,

It's my experience that these Post Office "tubes" can fit 2 bats snugly. If you're looking to ship a bunch, they are probably not your best option. Maybe a more rectangular box that could fit 6-8 bats would be better.

I generally go by 3 lbs per bat. Each bat is a little over 2 lbs in weight to begin with (32+ ounces); take into acct the packaging, and you have 3.

Nick
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com