Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Need help on Giambi Rockies Jersey Value

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    Geez, I'd hope that someone if his status could at least reach $300 unless there's just a ton of those jerseys available.
    GUU Member - 2000MVP - already has 1st dibs on my Giambi uni IF I ever decide to sell it and I have 1st dibs on his 2009 Rox Giambi GU helmet IF he ever decides to sell it...

I can pretty much guarantee you now that it is signed and all with video proof, I won't even hear anything less than $1,000.

I would realistically guess - because Giambi has become a VERY big deal here in Denver quickly - that his 2010 jerseys will bring $400-$600 each and any of the other few 2009 ones out there (his 1st season here and only for ONE month) will bring $600-$800 unsigned.

Just my opinion, but the 2009's are EXTREMELY rare - as I said, ONE of each as far as what I have been told.

- Smitty

..Interesting thread,just thought I'd weigh in.The way I see it,Giambi falls into a niche right now-the only people interested are Rockies collectors or Giambi collectors.Based on a lack of interest (by the game-used community) in many of his items that I've seen at auction,whether on eBay or the auction houses,I'd say that most people are not willing to pay the higher prices they once did for his game-used stuff.As Chris said,however,that '09 stuff has to be pretty tough.I have his helmet,cage jacket,and pregame fleece...Chris has the alt. home uniform..and another member here (can't remember who,though I remember reading the post) has his road pants.Other than these items,I have NEVER seen anything Giambi/Rockies related hit the market from '09.Keep in mind though,that Chris paid $500 for the complete jersey/pants set at a time when the Rockies were still on everybody's mind after just making the playoffs where they lost to Philadelphia..and from what I recall,the eBay seller who offered that uniform had it listed for two,possibly three weeks at that price with no interest (hell,the only reason I didn't buy it was I had just bought a McGwire bat the week before..ehh...timing sucks sometimes).Would an '09 home,road,or black alt demand a premium?Possibly,but again,I think only from a Rockies or Giambi collector..I would say maybe $300 to $400,and that high end might be generous.
    As for the 2010s,I would have to think they would fall into that $200-$250 range.I'm sure there have to be plenty of these,as Giambi would of have to have gotten at least 2 of each-so right there you're talking about 8 jerseys.Maybe a little more could be possible if people were interested in those jerseys because of the memorial patches found on them this year,but otherwise you have to remember-popularity and clubhouse leader roles aside,Giambi is now a bench player who hit .244 with 6 HRs in 87 games..the days of people overpaying for his gear are done.As Lastings said,the Yankees stuff has,does,and will see the best prices-and even there,prices are dropping.I paid $500 for an '07 Yanks home that was beaten up with use,photomatched from April thru the postseason,and had the Rizzuto/Lidle memorials..I'm not sure any Rockies stuff will approach that price anytime soon.
    That said,I'll still be waiting for one of Chris' "back-door guys" to put one of these jerseys into the marketplace so I can finally add a Rox jersey to my collection!!

Best of luck to you,
    Joe

And Chris...have you ever seen one of his Rox hats for sale??If the jerseys are tough,the hats are impossible!!
    -JD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Are you selling one or being offered one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bagbig View Post
    Any help on what a Jason Giambi Rockies Jersey is worth from 2009 with a team letter? Thanks so much.

Banned

Loki-
    Found that an hour before you posted it..already in on it,brother..

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Joe -

My uni needs a hat or helmet...

- Smitty

Well then,Chris,it looks like someone's gonna be overbidding on this hat!

Take care,
    Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I should win the hat and have you guys cage fight for it. We could make it a UFC undercard and Giambi could be the ring announcer.

What kind of player would Giambi have been without the juice? In a couple years you guys should be able to pick up his jerseys up for much less.....Out of sight out of mind

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    Well then,Chris,it looks like someone's gonna be overbidding on this hat!

Take care,
    Joe

Hahaha!!!