Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Need help on Giambi Rockies Jersey Value

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    What kind of player would Giambi have been without the juice? In a couple years you guys should be able to pick up his jerseys up for much less.....Out of sight out of mind
    That's not always true. Giambi was the 1st guy to come forward - even though he didn't say WHAT he did (we all knew) - to make a public apology for his mistake.

On top of that, Giambi is a great guy with the fans - very engaging - and is one of the few 'bigger names' who still sign multiples if you ask nicely and makes you feel like you're doing him a favor by asking!

Because of his popularity, his items will stay up in value - just like McGwire. Even when he 'disappeared', his stuff didn't really drop in price in regards to GU and Auto stuff.

Just my .02

- Smitty

Banned

Angry Re: Need help on Giambi Rockies Jersey Value

Although it may well be out of character, my memory of Giambi is his agreeing to trade me a cap after a BP at Comiskey Park for a Mickey Mantle display piece I offered him, his taking the piece and stiffing me on the cap. Personally, I wouldn't pay 5 cents for any of his game used items.

Dave Miedema

I would have to agree that,barring Dave's experience,I have never heard a bad word about Giambi-from fans,fellow players,or the media.According to them all,he's characterised as a stand-up guy and great teammate..just look how thrilled the A's (and especially Eric Chavez) were to get him back in '09.
    Would he have been the same player without the stuff he took?Hard to say,and while I don't condone it,he was not alone..MANY took the same thing and few wound up having the career he's had-a career which,if not derailed by injury,might even have seen him hit 500 HR's.I think he'd have been a star regardless,probably not as much of a longball threat,but definitely a talented player.
    As far as his game-used and the values of it though,I have to completely disagree.As the main focus of my game-used collection,I can tell you that prices for his equipment have certainly declined since his abyssmal 2004 season.Before that,it was not uncommon to see A's jerseys from the early part of the decade going for over $1300-but by the middle of 2006,I was able to get his rookie-year green A's alternate (with A's COA) for about $350,a far cry from the earlier prices.The trend still continues-the Yankees road jersey I purchased for $450 originally sold in a 2007 Robert Edwards Auction for $1880...over the winter,I was able to get the aformentioned Yankees home pinstripe and a Giambi Yanks batting helmet-both with Steiner paperwork-for $1000,which is what the original owner paid for the helmet alone from Steiner a couple of years before.I don't,however,think his jerseys will go lower than their current level-they seemed to have bottomed out now.But I also don't think the folks that paid 4-digit prices are going to let them go for $200-$300,so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you didn't see any older Giambi stuff for a while,if ever.Me?I don't really care too much..my stuff's not going anywhere anytime soon.Hey,he's my guy...what can you do?

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Joe -

I'm sure you were the 1st (and current) high bidder on the hat. Just letting you know I have not bid yet, so I don't know who the new dog is in the race that already ran the price up another $30.00 +.

- Chris

Haha..I think I know who it might be,Chris.He's a Giambi fan and a member here (not Jobathenut) if I'm right..

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2000mvpfan-Did i hear someone say my name????
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    Haha..I think I know who it might be,Chris.He's a Giambi fan and a member here (not Jobathenut) if I'm right..

Joe

I have a pair of 09 pin striped road pants of Giambi with Rockies COA. I need to sell them
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Butch...what's up pal?Long time no see...hope all's well!

RBoitano...what are you looking to get for the pants?You can email me at baldgannon@yahoo.com..Thanks!

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey there my friend-All is alright ,you know living the dream.Oh and getting bashed pretty good in the items wanted section.Man you comment about your thread getting alot of views and people go nuts on you.Telling me to grow up and making a fool out of myself.Well hope all is good with you....
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    Butch...what's up pal?Long time no see...hope all's well!

RBoitano...what are you looking to get for the pants?You can email me at baldgannon@yahoo.com..Thanks!

Joe

I am just wondering who am i jealous of,who got the giambi hat on ebay...XPRESS OR 2000MVPFAN......I know who i would have my money on but i saw the final price on it and was amazed it went for that much.Are you guys suprised or was it was you expected.