Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 58 of 145 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

maccamania,

The Pedroia bat does not appear to be photomatch. The rosin does not disappear from the bat over time. It's not uncommon to find multiple bats with similar ballmarks. Player's are extremely consistant with their contact patterns. IMHO, the bat you have appears to be a fine game used bat, just not the same one in the photo.

- John

Quote Originally Posted by GameBats View Post
    maccamania,

The Pedroia bat does not appear to be photomatch. The rosin does not disappear from the bat over time. It's not uncommon to find multiple bats with similar ballmarks. Player's are extremely consistant with their contact patterns. IMHO, the bat you have appears to be a fine game used bat, just not the same one in the photo.

- John
    John'
    here is another photo, this should show more evidence that it is the same bat.

maccamania,

- John
    Rosin does disappear over time. Pine tar doesn't dry instantly and can stay moist for long periods of time. I will use the analogy of my favorite breakfast meal to explain this. When you make cinnamon toast as soon as you take the toast out of the toaster you put the butter on so the toast will melt the butter making a soft tasty landing spot for the cinnamon. Once you put the cinnamon on it no longer stays in powder form on top of the butter. It then takes on the characteristic of the oh so delicious butter and that is how cinnamon toast is made. Putting a powder substance on a moist substance it doesn't take long for the powder to mix.

Now if you were to put rosin on a bat that doesn't have a recent coat of fresh pine tar then that is a different story and the rosin might not mix leaving it available to be seen on the bat for a long time.

Can anyone else tell it is time for breakfast?
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Thanks to Russell (lakeerie92 ) for matching my Hamilton bat. Photomatching can be a bear!!

Thanks again Bro.

ncb

Quote Originally Posted by maccamania View Post
    John'
    here is another photo, this should show more evidence that it is the same bat.
    I wasnt accusing any forum member of altering the bat, I was just curious, Its a great bat, and excellent photomatch. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

maccamania,

Thanks for the follow up photo. I'm still not convinced it's the same bat. How does the writhing on the knob compare?

Troy Glaus Game Used 2010 Bat.

Used from the top of the 9th inning on May 12th until it broke in the bottom of the first inning on May 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    I wasnt accusing any forum member of altering the bat, I was just curious, Its a great bat, and excellent photomatch. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-Tony
    Tony

no problem buddy, all is good !!!

maccamania,

Thanks for the follow up photo. I'm still not convinced it's the same bat. How does the writhing on the knob compare?
    the knob matched exactly, a little hard to tell unless you blow up the photo