Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Biggest idiot of the 2010 WS...?

Never mind a manager having a brain cramp, or a runner getting picked off first. I'll give it to the Rangers fan who threw back Andres Torres' 8th inning home run a few hours ago.

The guy obviously isn't a collector, but doesn't this boob realize what he could get for it on the hobby market, if he had video of the play?

And...this knucklehead isn't even a Wrigley Field bleacher drunk!

Dave Miedema

Banned

Re: Biggest idiot of the 2010 WS...?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Never mind a manager having a brain cramp, or a runner getting picked off first. I'll give it to the Rangers fan who threw back Andres Torres' 8th inning home run a few hours ago.

The guy obviously isn't a collector, but doesn't this boob realize what he could get for it on the hobby market, if he had video of the play?

And...this knucklehead isn't even a Wrigley Field bleacher drunk!

Dave Miedema
    Dave, not everyone is looking to make a dollar every time they catch a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Dave, not everyone is looking to make a dollar every time they catch a baseball.
    +1

I'm guessing that being at the Rangers first World Series home game EVER and throwing that "trash" back on the field is far more empowering and memorable than making a few bucks off the ball. That said, I understand that your passion for getting a baseball like that drives you to think a certain way when you see someone else do that with a ball. I'm guessing many of us think similarly about our favorite things in the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    I'm guessing many of us think similarly about our favorite things in the hobby.
    Reminds me of the Cardinals Spring Training camp where employees were throwing broken bats away in the dumpster.........
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

That fan is probably a bigger fan than any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Reminds me of the Cardinals Spring Training camp where employees were throwing broken bats away in the dumpster.........
    I almost had a heart attack watching that.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I'm told that the practice of throwing the other team's home run balls back onto the field originated at Wrigley - whatever. It's stupid, whether it's in a World Series game or any other. It makes doing The Wave look like pure genius. And it doesn't make you a better fan.

Banned

I personally have a hard time understanding why anyone would throw a baseball back. I have gone to maybe 500 baseball games in my life, most before 1994. I have been given two baseball from the final out over the dugout and that is all.

I had a foul ball off Frank Thomas (Big Hurt) hit my hand, after hitting a little girl's hand and fly away. My hand hurt for a week or so. That was the closest I ever game to getting a baseball in the stands in around 500 lifetime games.

So, if a lucky moron finally catches a ball in the stands and throws it back, they fulfilled their dreams and gave it right back.

Whoa whoa whoa...there's still at least three more games left, let's wait before we crown the biggest idiot of the WS. On another note, these fools that throw the HR balls back will pay a big price someday. It's bound to happen someday that a fan that throws a ball back will strike the outfielder and then charges will be pressed.

I don't know if the act of throwing the ball back was necessarily dumb or not...

Do you think that seeing a fan throw the homerun ball back would inspire the Rangers or give them inspiration knowing that the fans are behind them?

Don't get me wrong though, as a collector, it is sad to see, but as a fan, I think it's pretty cool.