Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

BUMP??? What's it mean?

Maybe a dumb question, but I see BUMP quite often in the posts. What does this mean?

Thanks guys.

Re: BUMP??? What's it mean?

Just sending the thread back to the top of the board, "bump"ing it back to the top with the posted "bump".

I am not a fan of "bumping" topics. It comes off as "my topic is more important so I am moving it to page 1 since no one looks at page 2". When in reality most look back several pages.

Banned

Exclamation Re: BUMP??? What's it mean?

Bumps are most often found on the sale and wanted pages. A seller may bump an item to indicate that items he/she is selling are still available. I forget the exact rules, but I belive that either 5 or 7 days is the accepted norm for bumping items for sale.

On the wanted page, same thing...a collector wants to remind forum members of what he/she is looking for, and, again, should not be more frequent than 5 or 7 days. I've also willingly bumped threads on the wanted page in conjunction with player birthdays or accomplishments...I try to stick to active participants on the Forum. I know at least one Forum member has complained about this practice multiple times. Until the administrators tell me not to do it, though, I plan to continue this practice, as it has resulted at least a few times in collectors getting items they want, and it gives readers a chance to catch some sports trivia information.

Dave Miedema

Thank you for explaining it to me. I appreciate your time.