I have been looking for an authentic game used Manny Ramirez Indians jersey for some time so I was excited when I noticed one in just opened SCP Auctions. Unfortunately after briefly reviewing the jersey I had a few very serious concerns. The most obvious being the lack of the MLB logo on the back of the neck on the jersey which has been present on MLB jerseys starting in 2000.

In an effort to make sure I did my homework, I searched Getty Images for "Cleveland Indians 2000" reviewing 778 images from the regular season, spring training, photo day, etc. Of those images there are sixty-two images that show the back of the jersey sufficiently to see if there is a mlb logo patch or not. Of these sixty-two images of spring training, home, road and alternate jerseys every single image of them has the mlb logo patch. Below is the SCP jersey as well as two images of Ramirez from 2000 showing the mlb patch.

I emailed SCP a week ago bringing the issue to their attention but wanted to make sure other members were aware of the issue before making a potential bid.