Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sparky Anderson in Hospice Care

http://www.freep.com/article/2010110...TS02/101103019

Just checking the news on Yahoo and this came up. Lame. Kind of makes me sad.

wade

Re: Sparky Anderson in Hospice Care

You are not alone in those feelings, Wade. I read it too and also felt sadness. Everyone who was a fan of the Big Red machine, the Reds or even just baseball probably feels the same.

I saw that too. I had the chance to meet him in Fort Worth. He had some great stories. I had also ordered a Fort Worth Cats home jersey with his #1 on it that I had him sign.

Very sad day indeed.

Kyle

Sparky is a class act....treated everyone I saw great. When Sparky left the tigers, that was harder for me to take than any player leaving. We were lucky in Detroit to have had him here for 17 seasons. He started a great charity CATCH that still is going strong.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Really sad to read... especially that he is suffering from dementia as I have heard that is harder on most families than even Alzheimer's...

My thoughts and prayers go our to the man they call Sparky and his family...

- Smitty

Sparky Anderson

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...derson-hospice

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post news like this, but as many of you know Sparky Anderson has been placed in hospice care. I know there are many Tigers collectors that post on here(myself included) as well as Reds collectors. Sparky is as great a person as he was during his time as a manager. I was thinking we could use this thread to post any Sparky GU or autographed items that you may have in our collections and maybe share some kind words. I was fortunate enough to get his autograph a couple times including this yearbook I got signed a little over a year ago. My prayers go out to Sparky and his family.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Sparky Anderson

Nothing game used, but Sparky was always a willing signer. Here is one of my favorites:

Tough couple of years for Tiger's fans. George Kell, Mark Fydrich, Ernie Harwell, and now Sparky.

George 'Sparky' Anderson Dead at 76