Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

McHale jersey on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-93-Kevin-Mc...item20b4e86a51

I have a question on this jersey re: the black armband. It seems a little too low and close to the NBA logoman in position. If you search Getty in 1993 for McHale, you'll see what I mean... Has anyone seen one of these in-person? Is the armband stitched in place (or could it have slipped out of position)?

Re: McHale jersey on ebay

Is this the picture that supports that argument the best?

Name:  mchale.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  33.0 KB

Banned

Lightbulb Re: McHale jersey on ebay

I believe that is a photo that is misdated by Getty (not that uncommon). On the Getty page the photo being referred to was posted, directly to its right is a photo of McHale in what is likely the same jersey (based on the band placement) and, with his back turned in the photo is Larry Bird.

Bird's final NBA season was 1991-92...he could not appear in a 1992-93 season game photo in uniform. Since both are in the photo, the pictures were likely taken during the 1989-90 season, when the Celtics wore a similar memoriam band on the shoulder strap (I believe it was Red Auerbach's deceased wife). The photo comparison is a comparison of apples to oranges...1989-90 season photos being compared to a 1992-93 jersey.

Dave Miedema

Banned

I agree with dave. the armband in 92-93 was longer. See picture of my 92-93 Dee brown I just sold.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks guys, the explanation and the pic of the Dee Brown jersey answered it for me.