Being a seller in addition to being a collector, I can say that there are quite a few collectors who like game-issued jerseys for a variety of reasons, mainly price and because they are looking for a jersey to wear. From a size standpoint, I can state that a number of collectors must be larger than many of the athletes as I get requests for the larger sizes from many of the guys who are looking to wear jerseys (much more so than smaller sizes). Good luck trying to sell a size 44 or even a 46 to many collectors who like to wear their jerseys. With football jerseys now being skin-tight and designed to fit snugly over the shoulder pads, even thin guys like me would be hard-pressed to find jerseys that fit.

There is a market for team-issued jerseys as I never seem to have too much trouble selling them whenever I put one up for sale. While most of us in this Forum tend to be hardcore game-used collectors, a lot of folks are just looking for a crisp jersey to display on their wall or else wear while cheering for their favorite team.

Keep in mind that 99.999999% of the people on this planet probably think that collecting sports uniforms worn by sweaty guys is a complete waste of money and downright insane. I kind of tend to agree, but I just can't help myself as I find collecting this stuff to be a whole lot of fun!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League and Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis equipment. Will trade NFL durene jerseys for WFL jerseys!!!