I recently attended a game in my new adopted home of North Carolina to see the Carolina Hurricanes take on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Other than being amazed that the jerseys worn by fans were an astounding 75% Penguins at an away game, I saw a jersey that was so head scratching that it inspired a 2 hour conversation with some fellow fans in my section.

So to continue my streak of posting sports discussions here to dissect them better, what jersey have you seen or owned that inspires people to wonder why the holy hell you would purchase or customize a jersey with that player. Here's my top 3:

#3 A NY Islanders Pavel Bure #10. I'm sure those of you who have followed the NHL in the 90's are wondering when Bure played on Long Island. The answer is: He didn't. Someone actually payed over $200 to customize their favorite players name on their favorite teams jersey, even though he didn't play for them. Just Wow.

#2 A Don Majikowski (sp?) Detroit Lions jersey. Look, I'm not a Packers fan so I can only speak as an outsider. Other than the one season that Sterling Sharpe made him "Majik", the guy appeared to be a scrub as a starter. But as a backup on his final team? Look, this jersey was not mass produced. Unless he's a family member, this was the leader in my mind for over a decade in the WTF catagory.

#1 A Dan Cloutier Canucks jersey. My reason for this post. Clouts once let in a goal from the red line. As a dump in PASS in the PLAYOFFS!!!! Ask a Red Wings fan. I think Hasek once kicked a beach ball from his own goal that scored. Nevermind the fact the best line in hockey played for the Canucks in 2003. They got beat in 7 games ONLY BECAUSE OF DAN. Some poor kid was wearing a Cloutier Canucks shirt at the Pens-Canes game and I wanted to yank it over his head and pummel him.

Please tell me there is a jersey more WTF than this. I doubt you can.