Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morneau jersey on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Justin-Morneau-M...item336258e864

I've contacted the seller pertaining to a team loa and I've received the answer, "This jersey is direct from a team upper level executive. It was hanging in his office."

What opinions do you guys have on this jersey?

Banned

Re: Morneau jersey on ebay...

eBay offers free pictures, why would the seller just put one picture with this listing? I would post at least five pictures, including close ups of the autograph and any tags.

I know. This is the third of fourth time that it has been listed too. If there was any sort of provenance, I'd buy it now, but I'm skeptical.

Banned

agreed about the picture thing. You would "pimp" this jersey with pictures and what not.

I'm pretty sure that the seller is a member on this board. I think I remember this jersey originally being offered by someone on the Pat Neshek collecting community forum. I hope this helps.

I, personally, haven't seen this jersey for sale on here. I'd just like some insight on tags, size, etc. That way I could ask the guu community for their honest opinion on the jersey and auto.

Quote Originally Posted by justinbittner220 View Post
    I, personally, haven't seen this jersey for sale on here. I'd just like some insight on tags, size, etc. That way I could ask the guu community for their honest opinion on the jersey and auto.
    I've never seen the jersey for sale on here, but the Cabrera and Ordonez bats he is currently selling on eBay were previously offered in the Collector to Collector section.

Again, I know nothing about the jersey other than I believe the seller originally purchased it from someone on Pat Neshek's board.

This jersey has been discussed on here. I own the road jersey from Justin's year at QC. The problem I had with this jersey (and I was offered it before the seller purchased/traded for it), was that it's missing a patch from the sleeve. The home jerseys had a patch on the sleeve (visible from photos on Justin's baseball card from that year). I did a TON of research on mine and Justin confirmed that the road jersey is legit. However, I could not find photo evidence of a home jersey without the patch. I hope this helps.

Mike

nomarmauerfan,
    Ya, it does help. I honestly don't have any interest anymore just going by the responses that the seller has given me and no one has said anything good about this one.

Do you think that the sleeve patch has something to do with the jersey being worn by more than one player for more than a year or two?

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Morneau jersey on ebay...

That's a distinct possibility, as it may have been a commemorative or memoriam patch. A slimmer (but extant) possibility is that the patches were removed by the team to be added to a new style of jerseys. That's what happened with the Winston-Salem Warthogs. The jerseys they wore from 1997-2000 had a logo patch on the left sleeves that the team removed and added to the new style that was introduced in 2001.

Dave Miedema