Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Show Us Your Nickname Bats!!

Astros*bat,I was going to post this bat which I won.P.S. payment was sent today!

Fun Topic!

Growing up in the SF Bay Area, I Recall Seeing "HACKMAN" Ingraved on the Barrell of Several Jeffrey Leonard Bats.

I have also Seen a Ken Griffey Jr. Bat with the Initials C.M.B. (Which Stands for "CASH MONEY BROTHERS".

If i can Find Anymore i will Repost.
    Have a Great Day!

There's a Jeff Leonard up on ebay. Here's the pic
    Name:  jeffleonard.JPG.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  9.8 KB

Interesting Description
    In August 1987 there was a sport magazine with Roger Craig on the cover.Inside was a story on Jeff.The article talks about Jeff and his way,s.One was the fact that Jeff didnt like the catchers chatter and would alter his bats to let them know how he felt.Well this is a Black Adirondack Rawlings Hac Man Bat that is cracked and has the F+++ Y++ in the hollowed out top.The knob has HAC in Gold and the numbers 255B and 080 0 embetted in it.Also here is the magazine with Jeffs article and its in excellent shape.Hac was a true character and one of the fan favorites in the 1980,s in San Francisco.This was given to my son by Jeff in 88.This didnt get the airplay of Billy Ripkens 1989 Fleer card but it is still a great piece to have and is in print as well.I will send a scan of the word to those who ask for it.I will not have it up as the scan on ebay.

Here's the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Jeff-Leonar...QQcmdZViewItem

I saw this one on ebay a few weeks ago....A Delino Deshields gamer.

"Bop"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    There's a Jeff Leonard up on ebay. Here's the pic
    Attachment 1599

Interesting Description
    In August 1987 there was a sport magazine with Roger Craig on the cover.Inside was a story on Jeff.The article talks about Jeff and his way,s.One was the fact that Jeff didnt like the catchers chatter and would alter his bats to let them know how he felt.Well this is a Black Adirondack Rawlings Hac Man Bat that is cracked and has the F+++ Y++ in the hollowed out top.The knob has HAC in Gold and the numbers 255B and 080 0 embetted in it.Also here is the magazine with Jeffs article and its in excellent shape.Hac was a true character and one of the fan favorites in the 1980,s in San Francisco.This was given to my son by Jeff in 88.This didnt get the airplay of Billy Ripkens 1989 Fleer card but it is still a great piece to have and is in print as well.I will send a scan of the word to those who ask for it.I will not have it up as the scan on ebay.

Here's the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Jeff-Leonar...QQcmdZViewItem

This bat has 080 0 on the knob yet it has 87-89 Rawling labeling. "0" would make it an 1980 bat. I"m sure it's the seller really meant 080 8 which matches his title and the years Hac Man played w/ the Giants.

-David

Hi,

I ran across these nickname bats while cleaning up the past few days that I wanted to share:

1. D-Bat with the name "C-Low" on the bat and Florida Marlins team name that belonged to Mike Colangelo.

2. Carolina Clubs bat with the name "Fonzy" that belonged to Edgardo Alfonzo. I have also seen Rawlings bats of Alfonzo with this same nickname.

Sorry, again no photos are available.

Tom Duino
    Aliso Viejo, CA

Here are a few past and present Cardinals nickname bats. They include Jose Oquendo (Secret Weapon), Rheal Cormier (Frenchie), Delino DeShields (BOP), Craig Paquette (Pokey), Frank DiPino (Pizza Pino), Yadier Molina (R.I.P. Mami, a tribute to his deceased grandma), Royce Clayton (Ice), Jason Isringhausen (Izzy), Mike Timlin (Dawg) and Ken Dayley (Miss Dayley, ordered as a joke by equipment manager Buddy Bates).

Always looking for more Cardinals nickname bats. Most wanted bats include: "Boom Boom" on a Young bat (Ray Lankford), "Tank" (Thomas Howard) and "Pulse" (Bill Pulsipher).

Jeff
    http://www.birdbats.com

Jeff,

These are fantastic. My favorite is Jose Oquendo (Secret Weapon). I wouldn't have guessed this one!

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Brad Ausmus - "Bro"
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

This was an interesting thread from a while back. Any new ones out there?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...