Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Show Us Your Nickname Bats!!

Hellooooooooooo Bat Collectors

I personally don't collect bats, but I noticed while scouring ebay and various auction catalogs that some players have their nickname engraved on their bats instead of their name. Seemed interesting, so I thought it might be fun to see what's out there.

Go ahead and show off photos of your bats with a player's nickname here!

Eric

Re: Show Us Your Nickname Bats!!

How about a player nicknaming his "bat".

Robin Ventura used 33" P72 bats (shorter than his normal length gamers) which he dubbed "STUMPY" as the barrel of this gamer from the 2000 season demonstrates. I guess pulling a bat stamped STUMPY from the bat rack was easier than pulling out a measuring tape
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi,

I don't have the ability to post images, yet I wanted to share a very unique nickname bat with the Forum. I have a signature model Louisville Slugger bat of Ike Blessitt, who played in a few games for the Detroit Tigers in September, 1972. He had a handful of at bats and his big league career was over. Instead of the bat saying "Ike Blessitt" or perhaps his legal name, instead it says in handwriting or signature form "The Blessitt One" that apparently was Ike's nickname.

I heard a story, and have never confirmed it, that Ike punched his manager, Billy Martin, and that was essentially the end of his Tigers career.

I have had this bat in my collection for a long time, and giggle each time I see this one.

Tom Duino
    Aliso Viejo, CA

Banned

Here's a Todd "HOT ROD" Hundley game used bat..

Banned

Just ended on eBay....Tim Bogar "AKA J. BOGAN" game used bat.

I've never seen one, but I thought I read awhile back in an SCD issue that there was a Sosa Rawlings bat in the Cubs team store that had "Bruce Wayne" on the barrel.

My favorite, and also one that I'm trying to acquire, is Benny Agbayani's "Big Kahuna" bat from his Mets days.

Here are two Orioles nickname bats, the first being a 1990 LS bat from infielder Rene "Gonzo" Gonzalez and the other being a GU bat from outfielder Joe Orsulak (nickname "Slakman"). I had hoped to get the Orsulak bat signed over the weekend as he was supposed to make an appearance in York (PA) for the York Revolution (a new Independent team that will start play next season), but unfortunately he was ill and did not attend (all was not lost as I did get a couple autographs from Brooks Robinson & had my Al Bumbry gamer signed as well).

Banned

A.J. Burnett rockin the "Marilyn Manson" bat:

Not sure this is a nickname bat as much as it is an error but Carlos Beltran gave this to me when he was in Omaha with the Triple-A team there

And the winner is...

Quote Originally Posted by astros*bats
    A.J. Burnett rockin the "Marilyn Manson" bat:

It's going to be hard to top this one!

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.