Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Unique Ripken Bat

A few years ago during a discussion of bats with Cal, he told about the time that he received a shipment of bats from LVS (late 1990's) that erroneously had the contract signature of his father on the barrell. He told me that he never used any in a game, but if he ran across them he would give me one. Got this yesterday!

Re: Unique Ripken Bat

As an example, here are two Cal Ripken Sr. bats, one being a contract signature model (1960-63) that I received from Dave Miedema back in 1989 (thanks Dave!) and the other is a very rare non contract model from his playing days in the late 1950's (hornsby knob):

very cool unique bat...thanks for sharing that. I enjoy stories like this.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

Bill:

I still remember that Ripken Sr. signature model bat. It was unearthed at a late autumn Chicago show from a seller at the show who was floored that someone would want it, since it was Senior, not Junior. Glad to assist.

Dave Miedema

I also think it was great that Cal kept these bats and not sent them back. It must have had some sentimental value to have his Dad's name on his bats.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.