Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dead Excited About This New Pickup for My Player Collection!

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    Does the Tagging say "Set E"?! Regardless, nice pick up! Wish I could get my hands on Big Franks first jersey...oh wait, I probably couldn't afford it LOL. How many items are in your player collection now? You really seem to find his items. Way to go!!!

wade
    Yeah I was surprised too that it is a Set E jersey and yet it is authenticated by two sources to his debut. I don't know if that should be a cause for concern? I currently have twelve jerseys, one glove, five bats, seven caps, three helmets, two pairs of cleats, two pairs of batting gloves, one signed ball, one locker room name plate, and several MLB debut tickets. And yes, I really have no place to display all this stuff.

Banned

Set E on Mets jerseys of that era meant Extra, and exist on many, if not most, Met players of the time. I've seen a Tom Glavine and a Mike Piazza as set E jerseys, as well as numerous lesser-name players. I would'nt concern myself with it. If he was promoted during the season, it would make perfect sense.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Set E on Mets jerseys of that era meant Extra, and exist on many, if not most, Met players of the time. I've seen a Tom Glavine and a Mike Piazza as set E jerseys, as well as numerous lesser-name players. I would'nt concern myself with it. If he was promoted during the season, it would make perfect sense.

Dave Miedema
    Dave thanks so much for the explanation and that explains why I have an '08 Matt Wise jersey that is a 2006 Set E jersey, and yes Lastings was a late May call-up.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Lastings:

That jersey is now part of the best collection it could be the centerpiece of.

Dave Miedema
    I'm with Dave. No one I know in this hobby will treasure this jersey more than you. It's nice when the right collector gets the right jersey.

May this be the first of your many centerpiece items!
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I'm with Dave. No one I know in this hobby will treasure this jersey more than you. It's nice when the right collector gets the right jersey.

May this be the first of your many centerpiece items!
    Thank you very much