Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Samuels

Re: Charlie Samuels

I love Pete Rose. But he don't deserve to be in the Hall of fame because when he bet on the Reds TO WIN, he actually jeopardizes THE GAME BEFORE. The threat that the game on friday night will not be his best effort as the next days Saturday afternoon game he bets on(keeping players fresh)is very real. So... here comes Charlie Samuels and his relationship to game used items.
    Jeff Francouer gives Samuels $50,000 as he exits to Texas. This is not a gratuity you give someone to applaud their equipment managing skills over the 3/4's of a year you spent in New York. This is more than likely a settling of monies owed. Yes? Yes.- O.K.
    Charlie has(had) his hands on Mets jerseys game used and non game used or as we like to categorize them,game ready. When you owe people large amounts of money you think there is THE PERCEPTION that game ready jerseys were sold as game used? Even if he didn't the perception is real. There is a lot of New York dealers who happen to have game used Mets bats that weren't broken. We often wondered why,now we know.
    More professionally and ethically,I ordered the jersey Endy Chavez wore when he made the catch against the left field wall. I was told by a rep at Steiner that he would have the jersey tomorrow when he goes there. we agreed to a price. The next day I was called and told the jersey was not available. I asked if Endy kept it and was told no. I now know who was instrumental in not allowing this official transaction from happening.
    Let's just say the 1,000 lb gorilla has just left the professional Met game used hobby world.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    I love Pete Rose. But he don't deserve to be in the Hall of fame because when he bet on the Reds TO WIN, he actually jeopardizes THE GAME BEFORE. The threat that the game on friday night will not be his best effort as the next days Saturday afternoon game he bets on(keeping players fresh)is very real. So... here comes Charlie Samuels and his relationship to game used items.
    Jeff Francouer gives Samuels $50,000 as he exits to Texas. This is not a gratuity you give someone to applaud their equipment managing skills over the 3/4's of a year you spent in New York. This is more than likely a settling of monies owed. Yes? Yes.- O.K.
    Charlie has(had) his hands on Mets jerseys game used and non game used or as we like to categorize them,game ready. When you owe people large amounts of money you think there is THE PERCEPTION that game ready jerseys were sold as game used? Even if he didn't the perception is real. There is a lot of New York dealers who happen to have game used Mets bats that weren't broken. We often wondered why,now we know.
    More professionally and ethically,I ordered the jersey Endy Chavez wore when he made the catch against the left field wall. I was told by a rep at Steiner that he would have the jersey tomorrow when he goes there. we agreed to a price. The next day I was called and told the jersey was not available. I asked if Endy kept it and was told no. I now know who was instrumental in not allowing this official transaction from happening.
    Let's just say the 1,000 lb gorilla has just left the professional Met game used hobby world.
    The Chavez jersey is in the Mets Hall of Fame, I don't know who the owner is though, but it should say it.

Got my Endy events mixed in my pissed off state. It was the Chavez Home Run vs the Yanks on 5/18/07. I wanted the alternate black jersey he wore when he homered against them. On the 19th I called Steiner and told,"We're going in the clubhouse and getting it." The next day I was told it wasn't available. I get a call a few days later and settled for the Mother's day Chavez.
    I'm sure everyone who has contract with the Mets selling G/U items is now doing cart wheels at the current situation

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...by_nypd_a.html

Knowing what we know now,I rather pay professional dealers MeiGray or Steiner and know for certain it was USED. I don't need local dealers selling game ready jerseys,that they were told were game used,or just assumed to be game used,because "it came from Shea". Too many 2007 pristine Mets jerseys we've analyzed as to why there's no wear. In 2006 when a certain catcher was in town and people from Bath Beach were showing up at Shea inquiring as to when their debts were getting paid,things got out of control.
    Charlie was great before money pressure set in. Because all we really cared about is if it's real. And it was. But when debts set in all....well,all bets were off. Pardon the pun.
    Now there should be no real reason why Amaz'n Memorabilia shouldn't be stocked in 2011 with as many items as Marc Himelstein has in Detroit.