Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bubbrubb25
    • Jan 2007

Phillies 2010 Winter Sale?

Are the phillies having a winter sale this year? I havent heard anything, anyone know anything about it?
    http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com
  • 2000mvpfan
    • Nov 2005

Re: Phillies 2010 Winter Sale?

I haven't either,but the past couple of years they've had a good amount of game used at their "Christmas with the Phanatic" weekend in early December..

Joe
    sigpic
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Comment

• Chris78
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bubbrubb25
      Are the phillies having a winter sale this year? I havent heard anything, anyone know anything about it?
      I emailed the Phillies a few weeks ago and they told me Dec. 4th-5th.

Chris

Comment

• cliffjmp33
        • Jun 2010

Was picking up some stuff for the kids the other day at the Clubhouse store and the woman said December 4-5. 10 a.m. - 6 not positive on end time). Phanatic lighting Christmas tree Saturday evening.

Wish I could go, but out of town with work.
        Cheers,
        Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
        My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• bubbrubb25
          • Jan 2007

Thanks guys!
          http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com

Comment

• 8ripken2131
            • Aug 2007

Does anyone know if other teams do a winter memorabilia sale like this? Do the Orioles?

Comment

• Chris78
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by 8ripken2131
              Does anyone know if other teams do a winter memorabilia sale like this? Do the Orioles?
              The Orioles have a fanfest, which includes a game used sale (Phillies have the holiday sale), along with past/present players Orioles that autograph during the day (Phillies have the Phestival during the season). I believe the 2011 fanfest will be Saturday, January 29th at the Baltimore Convention Center and it only happens once per year.

Some other teams that I am aware of a fanfest/sale that could be driving possibilities from Central/Eastern PA would include the Reds and the Pirates. I believe Redsfest 2010 is the same weekend (Fri Dec. 3rd-Sun Dec. 5th) as the Phillies Christmas sale and they have game used and past/present players signing autographs that weekend. Also, the Pirates have Piratefest which I believe is January 28th-30th, 2011 at the David Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh and this has game used and players signing.

The Nationals have Natsfest, but I do not know when this will take place.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                • Jun 2010

If anyone is planning on heading to the Phillies sale and wouldn't mind looking for an item or two for me, could you send me a PM.

Thanks ... and really bummed I'm gonna miss this. Really wanted to bring my kids to see Santa-Phanatic
                Cheers,
                Jack

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by 8ripken2131
                  The White Sox and Cubs have their fan conventions one week apart in January 2011, and, historically, both have had game-used items for sale or, in the Cubs' case, some at auction. No doubt the White Sox will have their usual excellent array of items. With the Cubs, though, no one seems sure of the distribution of game-used items there. Some team employees believe that the team sales will now only be through a Steiner booth, what with their current deal with the Cubs. Those fans used to buying common player gamers for $100 a pop are gonna feel some sticker shock when they see Steiner's prices...I expect a lot of fan grumbling this coming January.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• 89ASMVPBats
                    • Feb 2007

If anyone is planning to attend the Phillies event in December and wouldn't mind helping me pick up an item or two, please email me.

Thanks,
                    Drew
                    drewgetty@yahoo.com

Comment

• TJordan522
                      • Aug 2009

I will probably go to this, and while I can't make any promises, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping my eyes out for any items a forum member might want. Feel free to message me with your wants and budgets.

I have never been to one of these in the past...what types of items are usually for sale?

Comment

• Chris78
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TJordan522
                        I will probably go to this, and while I can't make any promises, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping my eyes out for any items a forum member might want. Feel free to message me with your wants and budgets.

I have never been to one of these in the past...what types of items are usually for sale?
                        In terms of jerseys, some of the bigger name players offered last year would be Matt Stairs, Pedro Feliz, Chris Coste, Chad Durbin etc., and I believe they only had their batting practice jerseys ($80-100 on these names). I did not get any of these names. Do not expect Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Jimmy Rollins, etc. at this. They might have some better game used bats to this nature, but I do not remember anything special last year, and they do not offer that many bats to begin with.

Just to give you an idea of some of the jerseys that I have bought in the last couple of years: Jason Jaramillo, Greg Legg, Rod Nichols, Rudy Seanez, Doug Mansolino, Brandon Watson, Wes Helms, Francisco Rosario, Dusty Wathan, Eude Brito, Julio Santana, etc. These could be batting practice or Home/Road jerseys that I bought. I have also gotten some St. Patrick's Day jerseys as well, and the quality of these players offered would be similar to above. It depends on what you want, but unless you follow the minor league affiliates very closely you probably will be disappointed.

One thing I will say on a positive note, I heard last year at this sale that the final game of the 2009 regular season the phillies had a "yard sale" event which I never heard of them doing before. At this event, I was told they had some better name players (Pat Burrell, etc.), but you had to pay cash. I did attend the final game of the 2010 regular season and I heard someone ask about this and the Phillies rep said that they were not doing that this year at the final game. Maybe they will have more available at the Holiday sale as a result.

Chris

Comment

• Chris78
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TJordan522

Other things that they sell would include: media guides, yearbooks from a variety of teams, nameplates, lineup cards ($100), autographed bats (MLB auth.), autographed balls (MLB auth.), etc. Two years ago Mitch Williams signed on Sunday, last year I believe Dickie Noles signed Saturday afternoon but I did not stay. Mitch Thompson signed his CD and Chris Wheeler signed his book last year. Expect to wait in line as well for an hour or two. They did have the WS Trophy on display two years ago as well -- I do not remember last year.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                            • Jun 2010

BUMP ... Anyone going? Can't make it but wanted to see if anyone can look for 1 or 2 items for me if they are going.

Thanks!
                            Cheers,
                            Jack

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                              • Jun 2008

I'd also be interested in a couple of bats if someone is willing to help me out. It makes for one long drive from Hawaii, so I wont be going!

Comment

Working...