Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jones-Drew helmet at Grey Flannel

I was looking at the Maurice Jones-Drew helmet at Grey Flannel and it appears to have the snap chin strap on the sides where his helmets appear to have the strap screwed in. I have another players' helmet from that year with the chin strap still screwed in. Is that something that the team would swap to a snap or a legitimate concern about the helmet? Thanks!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Re: Jones-Drew helmet at Grey Flannel

Would that helmet be the one he wore in the first game of the season because of the Gene Upshaw sticker?

Jojo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Actually teams didn't wear the "GU" helmet decal until week 2 of the 2008 season. The patches on the jersey were replaced by decals on the helmet (except for the Raiders, who wore the jersey patch all year). That Jones-Drew helmet has a very distinctively shaped warning decal on the rear of the helmet which is unique to the Jags. Not saying it's good or bad, but might be something to help you match it.

Yea, I thought it looked like a good Jags helmet, but the high snap versus the screw that he wears is what has me thinking twice, but maybe upon remooval of the screw they just popped a snap in its place?
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org