Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Anyone win anything from Hunt?

I "won" the williams bat and posted a request in the the "Bat Records" section for some help in further authenticating it. Have been chasing a legit Williams bat for some time, and they are very elusive and tricky to pin down. Fingers are crossed, as I did lots of homework on this one to be sure it is from the 40's and matches records...

Matt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I "won" the williams bat and posted a request in the the "Bat Records" section for some help in further authenticating it. Have been chasing a legit Williams bat for some time, and they are very elusive and tricky to pin down. Fingers are crossed, as I did lots of homework on this one to be sure it is from the 40's and matches records...

Matt
    You won the Ted Williams bat, but just hoping its legit? Is that what you mean?

After 15 years of collecting, I wish "legit" was black and white. If by legit you mean certainly used by the player in a game, yes. Don't we all have to "hope it is legit" when it comes to vintage gu items?

The bat matches Williams' 1946 and 47 personal orders and will pass any authentication based based on what mears and psa have done before. That was not my question.

Later in the 50's any key williams model was also available in an index bat and widely ordered. The point of the question was to see if anyone had records of team index orders from the mid-40's or had seen one for a TW 01's in that period. I am hoping not!

matt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    After 15 years of collecting, I wish "legit" was black and white. If by legit you mean certainly used by the player in a game, yes. Don't we all have to "hope it is legit" when it comes to vintage gu items?

The bat matches Williams' 1946 and 47 personal orders and will pass any authentication based based on what mears and psa have done before. That was not my question.

Later in the 50's any key williams model was also available in an index bat and widely ordered. The point of the question was to see if anyone had records of team index orders from the mid-40's or had seen one for a TW 01's in that period. I am hoping not!

matt
    Not trying to start an argument at all, but why did you wait until after the auction was over to ask for help? If Im looking at the correct auction, it was about a $10,000 bat? None of my business, but wouldnt it have made more sense to ask weeks ago before the auction ended to find this information out?

$10,000 just seems like a lot of money to spend on a bat that you arent sure about.