Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Weird Jersey number for a player?...

This is a picture I came across earlier. It is from Arizona Fall League. I found it kind of cool, and I would love to have a piece like that in my collection.

I was wondering if anybody has any strange number item such as this. Tulo never wore #7 in the majors, minors, or college.

Re: Weird Jersey number for a player?...

Yeah, Billy Butler wore a sleeveless #6 in AZ Fall League. I saw the jersey was up in a silent auction at Royals Fan Fest about 3 years ago, but I was unable to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by skier14 View Post
    This is a picture I came across earlier. It is from Arizona Fall League. I found it kind of cool, and I would love to have a piece like that in my collection.

I was wondering if anybody has any strange number item such as this. Tulo never wore #7 in the majors, minors, or college.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Same thing here---Jonny Gomes has only worn #27 during the 2003 AFL. Would like to add the jersey and/or helmet to my collection, but I've never seen either for sale.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Weird Jersey number for a player?...

In the 2000 Arizona Fall League, Cubs prospect Eric Hinske wore #14. He didn't wear that number again until his partial season with the Yankees in 2009.

Dave Miedema

Unless you're Stephen Strasburg or Bryce Harper the number you have in the AFL I believe is just given to you and you really don't have a choice. I could be wrong, but I believe this is the case. Anyway, I do have Lastings Milledge's first ST with the big league club when he was an NRI and he wore #65. I even photo matched the jersey which I guess is a bonus.