12 38.71%
  • No

11 35.48%
  • Pay him whatever it takes

8 25.81%

Hybrid View

Re: To Sign Jeter Or Not!!

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    As a lifetime yankee fan (handed down by my dad).I am really ashamed the way the yankees front office is handling this thing with the captian.And i know my dad up in heaven is really upset seeing this.And i am sure my dad is trying to get to george to ask him what the heck his sons are thinking doing this to the captain.The captian deverves to be treated better than this.I know as other say his numbers are not what they used to be.But there should be some award for loyality.Or at least some respect for the loyality that the captain has shown the yankees.I know this is a buisness and blah,blah,blah.But at the end of the day at least keep all this junk in house and stop quoted to newspapers that "they dont owe anyone anything".That alone makes me sad to be a yankees fan today.
    Butch -

As a lifelong Yankees fan, what are your thoughts on my argument that if Jeter squeezes for more $$ and does leave that it will tarnish his legacy?

Would love to hear your thoughts. As I said in my little diatribe, I am no fan of the Yankees, but I do like Jeter and obviously I am a huge baseball fan.

The more I thought about it and read the other comments comparing Ruth and Mantle, etc the more it n\made me realize how truly unique Jeter's situation is and what may hang in the balance for both him and the Yankees.

Not a good situation all around.

All the best -

Smitty

XPRESS-Well i would have to agree with you.That if jeter tries to get more money and they say go and he does that it will for sure tarnish his YANKEES legacy.I say yankees as it might not do anything to his legacy as a player but proberly as a yankee, as far as the fans go.I mean you see alot of the time when a player leaves they boo him on return.And as much as i hate the thought of not seeing jeter in pinstipes.I certainly dont want to see the day when he is booed at yankee stadium.As most people think jeter is being greedy and should just take any offer and accept it.And i might be one of those people.As i think he needs to stay a yankee.But thats just the yankees fan in me.I guess it comes down to this.Who needs who more,do the yankees need jeter or does jeter need the yankees.And i just think the way the front office is dealoing with this in the public is terrible and low class and i expect better from my yankees as they are showing no class to what could be thier best ever player.And i know how you feel about the yankees my friend.You have made that perfectly clear on here-just kidding you-
    Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Butch -

As a lifelong Yankees fan, what are your thoughts on my argument that if Jeter squeezes for more $$ and does leave that it will tarnish his legacy?

Would love to hear your thoughts. As I said in my little diatribe, I am no fan of the Yankees, but I do like Jeter and obviously I am a huge baseball fan.

The more I thought about it and read the other comments comparing Ruth and Mantle, etc the more it n\made me realize how truly unique Jeter's situation is and what may hang in the balance for both him and the Yankees.

Not a good situation all around.

All the best -

Smitty

Been mostly a follower of posts but with all that's been posted, I feel disgraced and lied to since being a fan of Jeter's and the Yankees since the mid 90's. I'm relatively young but this situation is something I never hope to see again from a player I look up to. Just sad. He should take $1 salary for what the Yankees have done for him. To me his reputation will be tarnished regardless of whether he signs with the Yanks. I feel bad for anyone who's invested or collected his gu items.

is anyone surprised at Jeter's greed? $500 for a game used sock?

the only part of Jeter's legacy I'm going to keep an eye on is just how long his marriage to Minky will last, that to me will show how real a man he is.

Banned

Jeter tarnished his reputation when he faked getting hit by a pitch. Very bush league in my opinion.
    The Yankees have offered him nearly twice what he could get on the open market and he acts insulted.
    I would retract the offer and send him packing.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Thats just not even right. Ya pay him close to what pujols makes, the best player in baseball, no thanks. He did a lot of things for the franchise, but he isn't even worth the 15 million a year they offered him. After last year he is probably a 10 million a year player. just outrageous

Mbegna, you must not think there are a lot of "real men " out there since about half the population is divorced. Unless they make it public in some way people's personal lives fall under the heading of no body else's business.