Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Felix Hernandez Won The Cy Young

Today Felix Won The Cy Young Award :d :d :d

Re: Felix Hernandez Won The Cy Young

What a joke.

I take back by previous statement, wrong post.

Good for Felix, should have gotten more wins but no run support.

Banned

Total farce. As Roy Hallday said Tuesday when he won in summary the new school thought is wrong and great pitchers find a wau to win. Felix did not pitch well in April and may then when Ms fell out of contention pitched great with little pressure in a division that was a total joke other than the Rangers. Yes he had a good record vs. contending teams but how many of those games were meaningful? The Yanks and Rays both were going to make the playoffs barring an epic losing streak so how amped up were they to play the league's doormat? CC, Price and Lester all deserved it over him.

I won't poo-poo it that bad, but I think it a bit silly/odd/lacking of competitive spirit that Hernandez didn't pitch when his spot was up in the final game of the season. I think any "great pitcher" would want the ball and say to hell with voting and finishing the year at 14-12(win), 13-13 (loss) or 13-12 (didn't play/no decision).
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Felix wanted to pitch the last start, but the team wouldn't let him.

Judging by wins alone is stupid, in my opinion. If your Yankees give you 5 runs per game, of course you're going to get more wins than if you team gives you 1. It's an individual award not a team award. If it isn't an individual award, then give the Cy Young to Derek Jeter and the Yankees.

cy young would think it was a joke. cy won over 500 games with good teams and bad. he carried his teams on his back winning games along the way. how does a guy that barely has a winning record win the cy young award. oh well thats just my take on it.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

If Cy Young was so good, then why didn't he win a Cy Young

I fairly note my bias in that I live in Seattle and dislike the Yankees. Though my opinion on wins stands, independent to team.

Cool Re: Felix Hernandez Won The Cy Young

So if Felix shouldn't have won this year because of lack of run support and it should be based on W-L record alone, then he should have won last year with his 19-5(.792) to Greinke 16-8 (.667) correct?

Based on stats, Felix beat CC in every category except the W-L record, so had Felix had the same run support.. hmm, 20+ game winner as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

I am glad for felix. Been a great pitcher for years just on the mariners so he doesn't have run support. Put him on the yankees he would have won more than cc did..................