Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Another bad Pujols jersey?

Eric & Forum readers-
    I purchased a few of the 2002 Cards jerseys from long-time Cardinal expert Jeff Sullivan (all commons with the two patches) and remember the patches as being of a different embroidery/stitching style than those on the Vintage Pujols. I do not have any of the 2002's any longer to compare them to.

Rob Steinmetz has shown us what the "retail" patches look like.

Jeff Sullivan-is it possible for you to comment on this or better yet, provide a photo of one of your 2002's with the patches for us to actually compare?

I'm in no way trying to taint or imply that the Vintage Pujols has a problem, only that the there may be a variation from what I have seen on other 2002 Cards patches. I am only trying to determine if there was a patch variation and get the facts on this.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Another bad Pujols jersey?

I've handled 4 Pujols "patch" jerseys from 2002, as well as about 15-20 other stars and semi-stars. I see no difference between the patches on the Pujols in Vintage's auction and all the jerseys I have handled. Howard, can you specify what differences you are seeing in the patches on the common jerseys you have handled versus those on the Pujols in the current Vintage auction? Is it a font issue, a patch size issue, the way in which the patch is sewn to the jersey, etc.? I'm unaware of any variation in these patches aside from the obvious retail vs. pro variation I've already pointed out.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!