Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NIKE will be NFL provider in 2012

Reebok is done by the 2012 season. Nike will outfit the uniforms (released on 10.12.2010) and they have said they will be doing new style jerseys like what we see in college.

Wonder how big of a change it will be. The Buccanneers pirate ship on the sleeves got smaller from adidas to reebok. But I think there will be a large new look of construction of the jerseys. Not sure how I feel about that yet....

Only 5 year deal, not like the 10 year that Reebok had. Under Armour made a good bid too, but it goes to Nike.

Also, NEW ERA will be the offical sidle cap now. Wonder if we will be seeing polyester 5950's on the sidelines in the NFL in 2012....

--

Re: NIKE will be NFL provider in 2012

I'm pretty excited. I think its going to bring a new look, which is well needed for several teams. Have you seen the prototype pictures yet?

Hey I can't stand Reeboks UNI's......they are so Generic!! NIKE will do a awesome job in 2012!! They are the leading designer in College footbal and the same will be in the NFL. Also heard they may try to Dip into the MLB market soon??

Individual teams would have to approve the Nike prototypes before the new designs could be implemented. I don't see that happening with teams like the Bears, Packers, Browns, etc., whose uni's have barely changed over time.
    If it aint broke.......

The fake prototypes I saw for those teams were pretty much the same. Here's a link to the fake prototypes to all 32 teams. I must say they would look pretty awesome!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...5.photogallery

I loved how Nike said that they had "no idea" how these artistic drawings got released? And that they have "no idea" where they came from? I really find it hard to believe that some amateur sat around and designed these on their own???? The cynic in me would most likely believe that Nike leaked these drawings to get a feel for what the public response would be. Obviously some are a little out there (ie. the leopard print on the Jags uni's)...but some I thought were done well.

As much as I would hate to say it, the Jets and Patriots had the best looking ones out of the group!

Davidson from this forum made the template for those "prototypes" that you saw, however I have to say I wasnt really a fan of those concepts. Here is another person who did sets for teams as well, which are much better executed.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=75824

Even though I grew up with the Bills having a predominantly red helmet, I like the white ones in both cases. The first post on the Nike jerseys, not a fan, but wouldn't mind the second concept.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

loving the first jets design. would be cool if they really ended up looking like that