Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Angry Collect.com lot 526: Questionable MJ Sox jersey

This item sports multiple red flags that decry its "game-used description". The most obvious is that the White Sox wore nothing but BP jerseys in 1994 spring play. Also problematic is the lack of extra length (s/b 2 inches) and the design of the strip tag...normal 1994 White Sox Russell jerseys have a three line tail strip tag:

Line 1: Uniform number (45)
    Line 2: Name (JORDAN, although some were misspelled JORDON).
    Line 3: Size+extra length-year (46+2-94).

A look at the proper tagging and size for an MJ Russell gamer was gleaned from a photo of an item in Howard Wolf's collection he emailed me. If I knew how to cut and paste, I'd share it here.

MJ NEVER wore a Russell game jersey in a White Sox regular season event. The only time he played on an MLB field was an early April exhibition at Wrigley Field against the Cubs. In it, he wore a black Wilson jersey while his teammates all wore Russell. His jersey from that game bore no 125th Anniversary sleeve patch.

Finally, three guesses who did the authentication on this jersey (and the first two don't count).

Dave Miedema

Banned

Re: Collect.com lot 526: Questionable MJ Sox jersey

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    This item sports multiple red flags that decry its "game-used description". The most obvious is that the White Sox wore nothing but BP jerseys in 1994 spring play. Also problematic is the lack of extra length (s/b 2 inches) and the design of the strip tag...normal 1994 White Sox Russell jerseys have a three line tail strip tag:

Line 1: Uniform number (45)
    Line 2: Name (JORDAN, although some were misspelled JORDON).
    Line 3: Size+extra length-year (46+2-94).

A look at the proper tagging and size for an MJ Russell gamer was gleaned from a photo of an item in Howard Wolf's collection he emailed me. If I knew how to cut and paste, I'd share it here.

MJ NEVER wore a Russell game jersey in a White Sox regular season event. The only time he played on an MLB field was an early April exhibition at Wrigley Field against the Cubs. In it, he wore a black Wilson jersey while his teammates all wore Russell. His jersey from that game bore no 125th Anniversary sleeve patch.

Finally, three guesses who did the authentication on this jersey (and the first two don't count).

Dave Miedema

Renowned Jersey Authenticator
    Lou Lampson!!!

Banned

Cool Re: Collect.com lot 526: Questionable MJ Sox jersey

Can't put one over on you, can I, Edgar?

Dave Miedema

Re: Collect.com lot 526: Questionable MJ Sox jersey

Guys, thanks for your input on this item. I will pull it from the auction asap. As always, I appreciate the feedback, whether it's good or bad.