Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New "Cool Base" Jerseys

These are the exact style of jerseys the Dodgers auctioned off in their game used auction Saturday after the game. I thought they were special "cheapo" jerseys (because the fabric is so thin and the tagging is ironed on!) made for the auction promo but it looks like they're real jerseys! They've been wearing versions of this cheapo material in Japan for years and I always thought it looked amateurish. I bet on a hot day the catchers and pitchers sweat through 5 of those things (in fact, the Dodger rep said that on Saturday Brad Penny changed jerseys twice during the game since he was sweating so much).

Looks like the Reds must have tried these out as well on some of there home Sunday alternates. At Redsfest I saw for sale a few of cool base one's. Seems like player's must have been given the regular style and cool base in the same all red jersey. I thought they were kinda cheap looking as well and just bought the regular style......I wonder if the cool base style will become the norm in 2007?

I picked up a Randy Wolf home 2006 jersey this past weekend at the Phillies annual holiday sale of game used items with the 0063 tag. I spoke with the Phillies Community relations director who told me that these were approved this year and used in games. He echoed earlier comments that the players really like them because they are much lighter in weight. Some apparently wore them with long sleeved undershirts when the weather got cooler because they like the feel.