Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Market for GU NHL Gear?

Is there any type of market or secondary market for NHL game used gear?

It seems that there is such a massive difference in say the MLB gu market compared to the NHL market.

There are 1000's (literally) more gu items from MLB than NHL, and still there seems to be no market at all.

Is it something that is truly in existance for a TRUE hockey fan?

Is it buy an item based only on the admiration for that player/team with no thought of ever being able to move it later on, if needs be, in the secondary market?

Jeremy
    macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Re: Market for GU NHL Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan View Post

It seems that there is such a massive difference in say the MLB gu market compared to the NHL market.

There are 1000's (literally) more gu items from MLB than NHL, and still there seems to be no market at all.

Is it buy an item based only on the admiration for that player/team with no thought of ever being able to move it later on, if needs be, in the secondary market?

Jeremy
    If you go to Classic Auctions you will see hockey jerseys being sold for top dollar. Meigray also sells a large number of GU hockey items. There is a market for it although it will never reach the popularity among the masses of MLB or the NFL. I will say this though there are lots of passionate game used NHL collectors out there. Check out this site: http://gameworn.net/

I dont know if i completly understand your question.But Milt from "byronshockeyland" is a great company that deals in game used hockey items.And for him there is a markey for it.And he goes to expos around the country that deal in hockey items mainly.I guess its all about where you look.I mean on here you find hardly any game used hockey but if you go on game worn.net thats all they are dealing with.

There is a HUGE market for GU Hockey (NHL primarily) but NHL GU jersey command way more $$$ than MLB, NFL of NBA due to how few jerseys each player uses in a season.

Common player jerseys can easily command hundreds... in fact I own ONE GU NHL jersey - DJ Smith from the Avalanche.

When they 1st had it in their Team Store it was $600.00!!! Then he left the team and it dropped to $450.00...

About 6 months later it was still there for $300... finally in the middle of the strike season, it was the ONLY Avalanche piece in the store at Pepsi Center and they had dropped the price to $125. I bought it. Cheaper than a freakin' replica!!!

- Smitty

Thanks all!!

There just seems to be virtually no chatter or Classifieds on this forum for NHL GU gear...guess I need to stretch my wings!

jeremy

[quote=soxfan;227575]Is there any type of market or secondary market for NHL game used gear?

WOW ! You must know nothing about hockey! Before you make a blanket statement,do your research! The no. 1 most expensive jersey of all time is not a Ruth or Gehrig but a Paul Henderson 71 summit seies jersey! You must be looking at Historic Auctions too much!

Yeah this forum is not the place for hockey.I go to game worn.net as it's a great forum.But it's a pain to be a member as you have to call them to be varified as a member and it takes awhile to get a hold of them sometimes.But if you want to know about game used hockey its the place to go.Because for what this place is to baseball,that place is to hockey.Actually more so,as its only hockey on there.And check out milts web site if you are looking to buy as he is a great guy.
    Thanks all!!

There just seems to be virtually no chatter or Classifieds on this forum for NHL GU gear...guess I need to stretch my wings!

jeremy

You can make your point without being insulting.[quote=dirtyla2000;227588]

WOW ! You must know nothing about hockey! Before you make a blanket statement,do your research! The no. 1 most expensive jersey of all time is not a Ruth or Gehrig but a Paul Henderson 71 summit seies jersey! You must be looking at Historic Auctions too much!

Hey Dirtyla2000,

Relax.....I am born and raised up north so I KNOW hockey!

Just wanted to find out more info on where there could be a better market for GU NHL gear.

I KNOW Paul, as he is a Family friend on my wife's side, so don't assume what you know nothing about.

I realize there is a market for the gear, but I am seeking out more info on where there are more collectors to get in touch with.

Jeremy

Whats the point of insulting people when they ask a question?

Isnt that what this forum is for?

Sorry if I "insulted" the almighty authority down there...my apologies "Oh Great One!"

Jeremy