Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Beware Of Movie Props / Wardrobe

Thanks. That kinda answers my question. it was supposedly the gun Michael used with the tape on it in the restaurant scene to kill the two people at the table. Smith & Wesson Model 10. It comes with letters from Ellis and Universal, but unless I can somehow match the serial number I just would not feel comfortable. Thanks again.

Banned

A star gun such as that would be specially listed and should have all the info on the Lot tag. If you can get the "Lot Number", I'll tell you what was sold in that lot.

As I stated, a "Hero" piece such as that would have been a major item at the auction, with a write up.

If you can post the paperwork, I'll check that out too.

Some of the big Hollywood movie studios auction for charity items from recent movies. The auctions are often on eBay, and the pieces come with LOAs from the studios.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Some of the big Hollywood movie studios auction for charity items from recent movies. The auctions are often on eBay, and the pieces come with LOAs from the studios.
    Would someone revisit the dude who bought bogus Star Trek stuff with studio LOA? There is a link on this forum.
    Studio LOAs are just as credible as Sports LOAs.

Has anyone purchased from PropStore of London? They're known to have a rock solid reputation but wanted to hear some personal testimonials. Thanks.

I'm no movie prop expert, but some of the big studios sell props from the latest movies for charity, and the items come with LOAs from the studio. On a lark I bought a necklace advertised as worn by Cate Blachett in The Aviator-- I bought it as a to be worn present for a friend. It came with a LOA from the studio hand signed by the studio's president. Whether or not it was actually worn, it was a necklace from the studio-- and the proceeds went to charity.

Again I'm not a prop expert, but Premier Props on eBay sells props from current movies for the studios. A lot of times the studios are selling the items through Premier Props for charity. The items will come a letter clearly documenting the studio provenance and is often signed by a studio representative. So Premier Props is essentially a charity consignment auctioneer with the consignors being the actual studios.

yes i agree with you

An old thread on the subject:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ight=star+trek

A lot of movie used stuff is legitimate. There is a seller on eBay (I forget his name) from Culver City who sells a lot of sports jerseys from sportsrobe. But some stuff, even with studio letters is bogus.

Hi SAMMY
    I am new to this collection game. Afraid I may have fallen for a scam regarding items from ELLIS PROPS. I have COA's from a E bay store that purports to be signed by Steve Karnes and Paul Francis which I fear are frauds.
    In your post you said you have a copy of the Ellis catalog. I would like to check items I purchased against the catalog. Is their any place I can see or get a copy of the catalog. Afraid my inexperience is helping a scam artist. Would appreciate any information you can supply-Thank You_ George