Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MCGWIRE 1996 Mears "5" Jersey on EBAY HELP I got ??"S

Can some one explain why a jersey like this would receieve only a 5? what about the photo math mentioned in the description about the jersey being photomatched? I checked the image in ghetty's site and you really cant tell. But how is grade a 5 received? does that mean theres not much use? any input on this is greatly appreciated.

eBay: 1996 MARK McGWIRE GAME USED SIGNED JERSEY ATHLETICS COA (item 220014120882 end time Aug-11-06 16:57:08 PDT)

Banned

Re: MCGWIRE 1996 Mears "5" Jersey on EBAY HELP I got ??"S

Hi,

The jersey itself is not photo matched, just the jersey style.

A grade of 5 means the jersey has the same attributes as a professional style jersey, but they can't say with any certainty that McGwire actually wore the jersey, or for that matter they don't even know if he has actually ever even seen that particular jersey.

There would also be minimal to very light use, if any.

Basically, all they are saying with a grade of 5 is that it is a professional style jersey, but other then that, you are on your own.

I believe if you go to MEARS website it also does have a link that explains in some detail at least what each grade means and how they reach it.

Brett

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy
    Hi,

The jersey itself is not photo matched, just the jersey style.

A grade of 5 means the jersey has the same attributes as a professional style jersey, but they can't say with any certainty that McGwire actually wore the jersey, or for that matter they don't even know if he has actually ever even seen that particular jersey.

There would also be minimal to very light use, if any.

Basically, all they are saying with a grade of 5 is that it is a professional style jersey, but other then that, you are on your own.
    I do not believe anywhere MEARS states that an A5 jersey will have "minimal to very light use" as any modern era jersey that is submitted to them without a letter from the team or player will receive an A5 if it is properly tagged. The use for such a classification is not part of the grade as it is so hard to prove game use on a modern day item such as the jersey in question.

Banned

Joel,

Let me quote from MEAR's website:

A5........... The degree of wear will be measured from minimal to heavy..........

For jersey's assigned the A5 grade, use and wear will be described, but not verified.

On a personal note, you don't have to argue with everyone about everything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sammy
    Joel,

Let me quote from MEAR's website:

A5........... The degree of wear will be measured from minimal to heavy..........

For jersey's assigned the A5 grade, use and wear will be described, but not verified.

On a personal note, you don't have to argue with everyone about everything.
    How am I auguring about anything? I mentioned that your comment was off because you stated "There would also be minimal to very light use, if any". This statement was incorrect, as you corrected yourself above that the wear can be "minimal to heavy".

You need to chill out. I am allowed to chime in a discussion with my views, I am not looking for arguments. Discussions help a person determine if their concerns are addressed.

Anything else?

Banned

Hi Joel,

Talk about chilling out, you could use some of your own advice on many days and many posts.

To quote you " The use for such a classification is not part of the grade..."

Obviously since I quoted directly from the MEAR's website concerning wear being part of the A5 grade, your statement was totally incorrect.

apples and oranges

Banned

Ok, so in other words, your comment that the jersey shows little or no wear because it is an A5 is not (??) incorrect because the web site states the item can show little to heavy wear.

When you assume...

I guess the point is you cannot have a discussion without throwing other issues into a conversation that have nothing to do with the discussion. My blood pressure is fine, don't assume anything about my posts having to do with how my blood pressure level is.

Banned

Joel,

You are the most augmentative individual on this site. You pick the least little thing out of someone's post and try to bring something up or constantly defend people and companies that are bad for the hobby, but maybe good for your business.

Who cares if I didn't include the word heavy in my answer? At least I tried to give the guy some info instead of waiting for someone to post something so I could find something inconsistent, mistaken, not complete, inaccurate, or just something you don't agree with to rant about.

The guy's question was posted this morning. Basiclly as soon as I posted some info, others started to chime in. Heck, post some info on the subject instead of trying to find negative to write about.

Joel, you don't discuss. You are just a black cloud waiting to rain on someone.

Last post on this so have a good night.

Sammy you are the only person on this thread that needs to chill out. You jumped all over Joel for correcting your incorrect statement about use on an A5.