Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2010 Giambi Rockies road jersey..

By the way Chris,what do you hear out there about the Rox picking him up for another year?I know Giambi has said he wants to come back,but don't know how feasable that is to the Rox-especially after missing the postseason this year...

Joe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by 2000mvpfan View Post
    By the way Chris,what do you hear out there about the Rox picking him up for another year?I know Giambi has said he wants to come back,but don't know how feasable that is to the Rox-especially after missing the postseason this year...

Joe
    Joe -

At the end of the season, they seemed pretty hot on picking him back up. Since then, I haven't heard a peep... but then again, the Rockies rarely discuss plans until they have talked to a player... the Lopez deal was a complete surprise here - as was the fact that they had even talked to Berkman.

I also never heard a peep about Giambi's end of the season injury that side-lined him for the last week or so... maybe it was more serious than announced?

I know G-Man had made overtures about wanting to coach - maybe the Rox bring him back as a Special Asst like they did Weiss and Castilla and he learns the system???

Trust me - you and Butch will know as soon as I do if I hear anything...

All the best -

Smitty

If "The GIAMBINO" wants to come back to the ROX, Then "POSSUM" will make that Happen-They are Old Friends from Long Beach State, and "POSSUM" Always makes sure to take care of the Former DIRTBAGS-How do you think TULO Got Drafted, and then got the Hugh Contract (Besides his Obvious Talent).
    G-Man has been out and about in Las Vegas (Resides in Nearby Henderson), But i have not Seen or Spoken to him since the end of the season-When i do i will ask him what his plans are for 2011, and perhaps for a few pairs of Batting Gloves, since he seems to be Hoarding them!

Looks like Tampa has interest in him, I'm surprised considering his age that he is still playing. Kudos to him I say, and if he does play more than likely it will be a new team, so that will broaden your collection even more.